Nature Watch Austin: Guide to the Seasons in an Urban Wildland by Lynne Weber, Jim Weber (Paperback, 2011)
Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $38.13Free postage
- Brand new condition
- Sold by simplybestprices-10to20dayshipping
- See details for delivery est.
- AU $67.43+ AU $25.99 postage
- Good condition
- Sold by whattaplace
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionDucks in January ...bats in March ...rain lilies in April ...meteors in August ...the predictable appearance of fauna and flora allows humans to experience the natural cycles in the environment, matter how urban the setting. In Nature Watch Austin, avid amateur naturalists Lynne and Jim Weber provide an introduction and guide to some of the natural events that define the seasons in the city of Austin and its surrounding areas. Month-by-month, each chapter profiles the plants, animals, insects, and other natural phemena that are particularly teworthy at that time of year. The authors also provide suggestions on how and where to see them - from driving to a nearby water treatment plant to lounging by the backyard bird feeder. Opening with a chart on weather, temperature, and daylight hours, each month's chapter featuresphotographs and original illustrations by the authors. A list of references includes area field guides and more in-depth sources of information by subject. No matter how clogged with traffic and entombed in concrete, even large cities harbor wildlife and support a community of plants, either in tucked-away places both familiar and unexpected, or in parks and preserves dedicated to city dwellers in search of open space. Learning the annual rhythms of 'urban wildland' encourages everyone to be in tune with nature and welcome the opportunities to enjoy it, year after year.
- Author BiographyLynne Weber and Jim Weber work at IBM in Austin, where she is a senior manager and he is a senior engineer. Both are certified Texas Master Naturalists, and Lynne is past president of the Capital Area chapter. The Webers are dedicated naturalists who conduct bird surveys, monitor and map invasive species, write nature columns for neighborhood newsletters, and lead nature hikes among their many outdoor activities. .
- Author(s)Jim Weber,Lynne Weber
- PublisherTexas A & M University Press
- Date of Publication15/10/2011
- SubjectNatural History: Animal & Wildlife
- Place of PublicationCollege Station
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintTexas A & M University Press
- Content Note179 color photos. 78 sketches. 2 maps. Ref. Index.
- Weight590 g
- Width146 mm
- Height216 mm
- Spine20 mm
Best-selling in Textbooks
- AU $203.69New
Marketing Management: an Asian Perspective by Swee Hoon Ang, Kevin Lane Keller, Siew-Meng Leong, Chin Tiong Tan, Philip Kotler (Paperback, 2013)
- AU $75.71New
- AU $61.33Used
- AU $93.50New
- AU $101.60New
- AU $70.98New
Save on Textbooks
- AU $69.90Trending at AU $82.10
- AU $22.41Trending at AU $23.51
- AU $114.99Trending at AU $119.81
- AU $88.13Trending at AU $90.65
- AU $73.99Trending at AU $78.54
- AU $39.20Trending at AU $50.30
- AU $69.90Trending at AU $75.71
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.