All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionNature and Understanding explores the prospect of looking from a scientific point of view at such central ideas of traditional metaphysics as the simplicity of nature, its comprehensibility, or its systematic integrity. Rescher seeks to describe - in a way accessible to philosophers and nphilosophers alike - the metaphysical situation that characterizes the process of inquiry in natural science. His principal aim is to see what light can be shed on reality by examining the modus operandi of natural science itself, focusing as much on its findings as on its conceptual and methodological presuppositions. This is the culmination of many years of penetrating work in this area of philosophy by one of its most eminent exponents. It is the definitive presentation of some of Rescher's key ideas.
- Author BiographyNicholas Rescher is University Professor of Philosophy at the University of Pittsburgh. Author of more than eighty works ranging over many areas of philosophy, he was awarded the Alexander von Humboldt Prize for Humanistic Scholarship in 1984.
- Author(s)Nicholas Rescher
- PublisherOxford University Press
- Date of Publication07/12/2000
- SubjectScience: General & Reference
- Place of PublicationOxford
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintClarendon Press
- Content Noteline figures
- Weight385 g
- Width147 mm
- Height224 mm
- Spine15 mm
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
- AU $61.65New
- AU $6.15New
- AU $22.34New
- AU $33.28New
- AU $30.44New
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $59.99Trending at AU $61.65
- AU $40.94Trending at AU $51.58
- AU $32.35Trending at AU $51.03
- AU $29.58Trending at AU $30.44
- AU $49.31Trending at AU $52.75
- AU $26.83Trending at AU $32.36
- AU $39.21Trending at AU $43.41
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.