All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionBased on a solid foundation of the healing properties of good nutrition, this book empowers readers with the information they need to make the best choices and to gain control over their total health and well-being - physical, emotional, and spiritual. While addressing the specific needs of those with a diagsis of cancer, Varona explores the key factors that science and experience have shown to influence the path of prevention and recovery. Grounded in documented research from leading medical institutions - along with studies of the world's healthiest populations - nutrition educator Verne Varona has developed a breakthrough nutritional and lifestyle programme for immunity building and cancer prevention and recovery. This book provides detailed diet and lifestyle modifications that will reinforce the body's immunity and reduce cell-damage to an absolute minimum. While the bulk of this book is devoted to physical nutrition, eating the right foods is t the whole picture. No matter what course of treatment a patient may choose, clinical research and anecdotal testimony have shown that those who have embraced a range of self-healing choices t only see a positive impact on their physical and psychological well-being but inevitably enhance their chances of survival. The most influential of these choices are: life purpose; positive attitude; managing stress; sense of humor; love and social support; emotional expression; and faith. Along with good nutrition, a healthy lifestyle, and physical exercise, these choices contribute to a more comprehensive and complete healing.
- Author BiographyVerne Varona studied Oriental Medicine and cultural folk medicine at the East West Foundation of Boston (1970-1974), and is the 2012 recipient of the Aveline Kushi Lifetime Achievement Award. For more than forty years he has been a highly sought-after speaker and consultant on health, fitness, and motivation. For five years, he was the nutritional consultant and co-founder of a popular Los Angeles medical group with clientele that featured well-known entertainment and sports professionals. With his physician associate, Verne co-created The ODDS Program (Off Dangerous Drugs Safely); a dietary program designed to reverse pharmaceutical drug dependency using dietary and lifestyle guidelines featured in his books. He has been a part of educational programs forThe Multiple Sclerosis FoundationandThe Prostate Cancer Research Institutein Los Angeles. He is founding director of The Exceptional Health Foundation, a non-profit organization developed for promoting principles of holistic health. Varona is also the author ofMacrobiotics for Dummies, a comprehensive work that embraces a flexible, multi-cultural perspective on body, mind, and spiritual health. A native New Yorker currently residing in New York, Verne is presently involved in creating media projects that document natural disease reversal with physician monitoring.
- Author(s)Verne Varona
- PublisherPenguin Putnam Inc
- Date of Publication26/06/2014
- SubjectCoping with Problems & Illness
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintPerigee Books,U.S.
- Weight500 g
- Width158 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine21 mm
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $32.27Trending at AU $36.78
- AU $26.57Trending at AU $36.78
- AU $30.05Trending at AU $40.02
- AU $14.93Trending at AU $21.99
- AU $28.03Trending at AU $29.97
- AU $26.84Trending at AU $29.42
- AU $19.77Trending at AU $29.82
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.