All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $27.54Trending at AU $44.05
- AU $80.99Trending at AU $88.14
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $77.73
- AU $71.88Trending at AU $73.73
- AU $82.90Trending at AU $85.64
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $79.61
- AU $34.72Trending at AU $42.75
About this product
- DescriptionThe Natural History Museum in London has long been a favourite destination for millions every year, from curious children to scientific researchers. Nature's Treasurehouse takes you on a whirlwind journey through the history of the Natural History Museum: the people, the influences, the discoveries and much more. It chronicles the important milestones in the development of the Museum, and brings to life the times in which they occurred, and the excitement and sometimes controversy that surrounded many of these events. Drawing on the authors' deep interest in and kwledge of the Museum, the book explores the Museum's origins, founded on the discoveries and collections of influential men like Sir Hans Sloane, as well as its vast collection of specimens and items, and its evolving role within the world of science. It describes the groundbreaking research undertaken by the Museum's dedicated staff and the array of educational, electronic and exhibition resources that have been developed and showcased over the years. All those who have visited this iconic and much-loved place will enjoy this warm, honest and sometimes whimsical account of the Museum's history and development.
- Author BiographyJohn Thackray worked at the Natural History Museum from 1969 until his death in 1999, the last 10 years as the Museum Archivist. He was secretary for the Society of the History of Natural History over a period of 17 years. Bob Press worked as a curator and researcher at the Natural History Museum from 1973 becoming Associate Keeper of Botany before his retirement in 2011. He has a special interest in plant collectors and the history of collecting.
- Author(s)Bob Press,John Thackray
- PublisherThe Natural History Museum
- Date of Publication05/09/2013
- SubjectTravel & Holiday Guides: General
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintThe Natural History Museum
- Content NoteColour and black-and-white photographs throughout
- Weight400 g
- Width192 mm
- Height253 mm
- Spine18 mm
- Edition StatementRevised and reformatted ed
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.