All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionNautical style has been an enduring mainstay of the fashion world, and Nautical Chic is a lavish celebration of its iconic looks and perennial popularity, tracing the history of its trends and impact on the clothes we love. Each chapter traces a current nautical trend from its origins to reveal the secrets of its sartorial past. While The Officer details how epaulettes, brass buttons, and braiding came to be Balmain and Givenchy catwalk staples, The Sailor explores the undeniable sex appeal of the Navy, and The Fisherman charts how blue-and-white Breton stripes became the choice of such style arbiters as Coco Chanel and Audrey Hepburn. The Sportsman covers this classic all-American look, while The Pirate concludes the book with an homage to Captain Hook, Vivienne Westwood, and Alexander McQueen. Nautical Chic is the definitive history of nautical fashion, citing the most recognizable trends, the icons who made them memorable, and the intriguing story of how they came to be.
- Author BiographyAmber Jane Butchart is a fashion historian working across heritage, broadcasting and academia. She is an Associate Lecturer at London College of Fashion, former visiting Research Fellow at University of the Arts London and the author of Amber Jane Butchart s Fashion Miscellany.
- Author(s)Amber Butchart
- PublisherHarry N. Abrams
- Date of Publication19/05/2015
- SubjectDesign & Commercial Art
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintHarry N. Abrams
- Content Noteillustrations
- Weight1451 g
- Width226 mm
- Height282 mm
- Spine28 mm
- Format DetailsSewn,Cloth over boards,With dust jacket
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $34.69Trending at AU $36.40
- AU $27.64Trending at AU $35.73
- AU $28.63Trending at AU $30.12
- AU $31.89Trending at AU $40.27
- AU $18.13Trending at AU $24.08
- AU $37.60Trending at AU $39.86
- AU $34.16Trending at AU $34.94
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.