Navigating Life with Parkinson's Disease by Rosemary Wichman, Sotirios Parashos, Todd Melby (Paperback, 2012)
Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $24.21Free postage
- Brand new condition
- Sold by simplybestprices-10to20dayshipping
- See details for delivery est.
- AU $29.95+ AU $7.95 postage
- Good condition
- Sold by ausreseller
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThe American Academy of Neurology's (AAN) Neurology Now Books series answer the questions and concerns of patients and caregivers with specific neurologic diseases who are navigating a host of issues related to living-often long-term-with a neurologic illness. Navigating Life with Parkinson's Disease is a guide for anyone affected by Parkinson's-patients, family members, friends, and caregivers. Containing the most up-to-date information on the disease, one of the most common nervous system diseases, it also discusses the available treatments and provides practical advice on how to manage the disease in the long term. Emphasizing life-style adjustments that will provide a better quality of life and moderate the burden for patients and their loved ones, Navigating Life with Parkinson's Disease answers many questions and clarifies misunderstandings regarding the disease. While addressing all the relevant aspects of the disease, the authors do so in a manner that is approachable and easily understandable. Question and answer sections are provided, while hot topics are called out for easy visibility. The authors have also included true patient stories that will both inspire and instruct. The authors have also taken care to address several topics often t mentioned in physician-directed disease management, such as how to talk to family and friends about one's life with Parkinson's; what role the care partner can play, and what is the best way to help a loved one without facing burut. Promoting the patient-centered, multi- and multidisciplinary model of chronic disease management, Navigating Life with Parkinson's Disease empowers patients and their families with the necessary information to take charge of their health care.
- Author BiographySotirios Parashos, MD, Clinical Research Lead, Struthers Parkinson's Center, Park Nicollet Methodist Hospital, Golden Valley, MN, and Clinical Associate Professor at the University of Minnesota, Twin Cities. Rosemary Wichman, Manager and Lead Physical Therapist, Struthers Parkinson's Center, Park Nicollet Health Services, Golden Valley, MN. Todd Melby, New Media and Project Coordinator for Ampers, a collection of 12 independent radio stations in Minnesota; Senior producer at 2 below zero, independent producers of public media, and Freelance reporter, focusing on public radio. He has been featured on The World, NPR's Day to Day, NPR's Only a Game, NPR's Justice Talking, Marketplace, Savvy Traveler and The Environment Report.
- Author(s)Rosemary Wichman,Sotirios Parashos,Todd Melby
- PublisherOxford University Press Inc
- Date of Publication06/12/2012
- SubjectCoping with Problems & Illness
- Series TitleNeurology Now Books
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintOxford University Press Inc
- Content Note20 illustrations
- Weight362 g
- Width141 mm
- Height209 mm
- Spine16 mm
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
- AU $33.32New
- AU $30.40New
- AU $20.46New
- AU $30.87New
- AU $21.77New
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $40.94Trending at AU $51.64
- AU $60.91Trending at AU $63.18
- AU $49.18Trending at AU $52.81
- AU $20.89Trending at AU $24.28
- AU $28.30Trending at AU $30.29
- AU $44.93Trending at AU $46.37
- AU $18.77Trending at AU $24.64
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.