All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $39.17Trending at AU $46.87
- AU $72.89Trending at AU $75.47
- AU $23.77Trending at AU $25.71
- AU $50.10Trending at AU $53.12
- AU $18.13Trending at AU $23.88
- AU $32.10Trending at AU $45.10
- AU $13.99Trending at AU $16.60
About this product
- DescriptionProblem solving and reasoning are students' processes of actively applying what they kw to new problems from diverse areas of mathematics. Kwing a variety of mathematical ideas is insufficient unless students can draw on, integrate and use them to solve challenging, complex problems.
The Navigating through Problem Solving and Reasoning books for grades 3-6 present hands-on investigations that nurture reasoning and problem-solving strategies in each of the upper elementary grades. In lively and challenging investigations for grade 6, students have opportunities to reason about parts of a whole, analyse patterns of growth, discover area formulas for familiar shapes, explore scale factors and similar figures and analyse a set of data to solve a real-world problem: how to arrange competitors in teams for an athletic festival. Students apply mathematical ideas from the five main content areas - number, algebra, geometry, measurement and data analysis. As they work, they infer, generalise, reason by analogy, recognise relationships and make representations and they also predict, check and revise and verify their results.
Includes a supplemental CD-ROM that features applets for students' use and resources for teachers' professional development.
- Author(s)Denisse R. Thompson
- PublisherNational Council of Teachers of Mathematics,U.S.
- Date of Publication30/03/2009
- SubjectEducation & Teaching
- Series TitleNavigations
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintNational Council of Teachers of Mathematics,U.S.
- Content Noteillustrations
- Width216 mm
- Height279 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.