Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $54.22Free postage
- Brand new condition
- Sold by wordery
- See details for delivery est.
- AU $50.00Free postage
- Good condition
- Sold by ozpierre
- Est. delivery by 31 Jan
All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThis practical, easy-to-read book is a guide for caregivers of people with Alzheimer's Disease and Related Dementias (ADRD). The author describes common examples of challenges in day-to-day care, provides guidelines for ways to respond to these challenges, and emphasizes making use of the continuing abilities of people with ADRD. The author explains a problem solving approach to enable caregivers to address unique situations. The suggested care techniques are activity-focused, making them both practical and applicable. The book also suggests ways in which the caregivers can take care of themselves and reduce caregiver stress. The last chapter provides guidance for the difficult process of planning future care, supporting the transition to long-term care, and suggestions for maintaining the caregiver relationship (e.g., guidelines for visiting in long-term care). Each chapter includes a summary of the key points. Large type makes the book pages easier to read and case examples add a personal tone. A busy caregiver can quickly find explanations and solutions to the issue of the moment.
- Author BiographyCarol Bowlby Sifton is Editor of Alzheimer's Care Quarterly and owner and developer of Eldercare Occupational Therapy, Lunenburg, Nova Scotia. She also has personal experience caring for a relative with Alzheimer's disease.
- Author(s)Carol Bowlby Sifton
- PublisherHealth Professions Press,U.S.
- Date of Publication31/08/2004
- SubjectCoping with Problems & Illness
- Place of PublicationBaltimore
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintHealth Professions Press,U.S.
- Content NoteIllustrations
- Weight934 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine44 mm
Most relevant reviews
- jen.waj.7ra4w1o...26 Apr, 2016by
Fantastic reading. Everyone should read this so they can understand how to react to people who have this disorder
Verified purchase: Yes | Condition: Pre-owned
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $17.73Trending at AU $21.99
- AU $79.89Trending at AU $90.22
- AU $17.51Trending at AU $30.26
- AU $31.46Trending at AU $40.54
- AU $35.26Trending at AU $35.78
- AU $11.63Trending at AU $21.86
- AU $28.00Trending at AU $30.37
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.