All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionOn 30 November 2001, Northrop Grumman Corporation (NOC) assumed control of Newport News Shipbuilding (NNS), bringing to an apparent conclusion a five-year building process of consolidation in the ownership of the six private-sector shipyards that build the Navy's major ships. Following NOC's acquisition of the NNS, the six yards are now owned by two firms-NOC, which owns three of the yards, and General Dynamics Corporation (GD), which owns the other three. The consolidation of these shipyards under two parent firms raises several issues, including potential saving results from consolidation, the potential impact on competition in Navy shipbuilding, the potential impact of shipyard employment levels, and the potential impact of the shipyards and shipbuilding of the political process.
- Author(s)Ronald O'Rourke
- PublisherNova Science Publishers Inc
- Date of Publication01/12/2002
- SubjectScience: General & Reference
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintNova Biomedical
- Content Noteillustrations
- Weight125 g
- Width215 mm
- Height140 mm
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $37.00Trending at AU $37.79
- AU $20.56Trending at AU $28.58
- AU $17.51Trending at AU $30.49
- AU $6.90Trending at AU $9.90
- AU $15.62Trending at AU $17.49
- AU $43.92Trending at AU $50.20
- AU $31.46Trending at AU $40.85
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.