Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $39.90Trending at AU $51.50
- AU $32.78Trending at AU $40.84
- AU $30.36Trending at AU $39.99
- AU $31.98Trending at AU $45.25
- AU $13.01Trending at AU $16.66
- AU $33.35Trending at AU $36.06
- AU $15.79Trending at AU $25.15
About this product
- DescriptionDistilling the work of Father Vincent McNabb's years of preaching in London's Hyde Park, this challenging and entertaining book examines urbanised and industrialised life. The arguments claim that urban life has a deleterious effect on nature, community, family, and the spirit and offer a challenge to flee to the fields , seeking a life t dominated by techlogy and artificial schedules but by the forces of God and nature. Newly edited and antated, this edition stands as an important work of English social criticism.
- Author BiographyFr. Vincent McNabb, OP, was a Dominican theologian, critic of 19th- and 20th-century England, and author of The Catholic Church and Philosophy, and Church and Reunion. Joseph Kelly is editorial director of the Universe Media Group and editor of Church Building, School Building. Dr. Cicero Bruce is a professor at Southern Catholic College and the author of Crowd Culture. He lives in Dawsonville, Georgia.
- Author(s)Cicero Bruce
- PublisherIHS Press
- Date of Publication15/07/2010
- SubjectSocial Studies: General
- Place of PublicationNorfolk
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintIHS Press
- Content NoteIllustrations
- Weight146 g
- Width140 mm
- Height215 mm
- Spine10 mm
- Foreword byJoseph Kelly,Father Vincent McNabb
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.