All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionIn the dying days of World War II, Nazi Germany spent increasingly large amounts of its dwindling manufacturing capability on the construction of a small fleet of flying saucers capable of travel beyond the atmosphere. While these saucers were too few in number to affect the eventual outcome of the war, they did allow for a small, but fanatical Nazi group to escape Germany, first to Antarctica, and then on to the moon! For the first time, the history of the Nazi space program has been revealed - with a focus on the design, construction, and layout of the moonbase. Using detailed maps, the entire moonbase is reconstructed, ting the locations of various important features, such as weapon emplacements, the Vril generator, the air recyclers and water extractors. The book also covers the various attempt by the allies to overcome this last Nazi stronghold through both subterfuge and outright battle.
- Author BiographyGraeme Davis discovered mythology at the age of six thanks to a children's retelling of Homer's Odyssey in his school library and a Saturday-morning showing of Ray Harryhausen's Jason and the Argonauts. He studied archaeology at the University of Durham and has written a host of historical roleplaying sourcebooks for GURPS, Dungeons & Dragons, and other games. He is the author of a Dungeons & Dragons novel, a co-creator of Warhammer Fantasy Roleplay, and a credited writer on more than 30 video games. He lives in northern Virginia with his wife Jamie, who is also a writer. Born and raised in Malaysia, Darren grew up drawing spaceships, dinosaurs and the stuff of his imagination, which was fuelled by movies and computer games. Inspired by these, he went on to study animation and later graduated as a Computer Animator from Sheridan College, Canada. After a brief stint in 3D animation, he decided to trade in polygons for a wacom tablet. Now he works as a digital concept artist at Imaginary Friends Studios and is enjoying getting paid for his hobby.
- Author(s)Graeme Davis
- PublisherBloomsbury Publishing PLC
- Date of Publication21/04/2016
- SubjectScience Fiction & Fantasy
- Series TitleDark Osprey
- Series Part/Volume Number10
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintOsprey Publishing
- Content Note20 b/w; 26 col
- Weight263 g
- Width184 mm
- Height248 mm
- Spine10 mm
- Illustrator(s)Darren Tan
Best-selling in Fiction Books
- AU $30.89New
- AU $71.58New
- AU $78.99New
- AU $49.08New
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $24.49Trending at AU $30.89
- AU $12.20Trending at AU $16.32
- AU $74.56Trending at AU $82.83
- AU $19.16Trending at AU $22.39
- AU $10.68Trending at AU $18.62
- AU $22.30Trending at AU $22.82
- AU $20.95Trending at AU $23.47
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.