All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $24.58Trending at AU $42.43
- AU $78.00Trending at AU $87.66
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $73.54
- AU $71.88Trending at AU $73.32
- AU $82.89Trending at AU $85.16
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $79.17
- AU $34.71Trending at AU $42.51
About this product
- DescriptionThe New Beacon Bible Commentary is an engaging, indispensable reference tool to aid individuals in every walk of life in the study and meditation of God's Word. Written from the Wesleyan theological perspective, it offers insight and perceptive scholarship to help you unlock the deeper truths of Scripture and garner an awareness of the history, culture, and context attributed to each book of study. Readable, relevant, and academically thorough, it offers scholars, pastors, and laity a new standard for understanding and interpreting the Bible in the 21st century.Each volume features: Completely New Scholarship from table experts in the Wesleyan traditionConvenient Introductory Material for each book of the Bible including information on authorship, date, history, audience, sociological/cultural issues, purpose, literary features, theological themes, hermeneutical issues, and moreClear Verse-by-Verse Explanations, which offer a contemporary, Wesleyan-based understanding derived from the passage's original languageComprehensive Antation divided into three sections, which cover background elements behind the text; verse-by-verse details and meanings found in the text; and significance, relevance, intertextuality, and application from the textHelpful Sidebars, which provide deeper insight into theological issues, word meanings, archeological connections, historical relevance, cultural customs, and moreExpanded Bibliography for further study of historical elements, additional interpretations, and theological themesThe books of Samuel constitute an important part of the larger literacy work that extends from Joshua through Kings, which modern scholars refer to as the Deuteromistic History. These books provide a vital literary and historical link in the Bible's overall presentation of Israel's past.
- Author BiographyDr. Kevin Mellish has taught biblical literature at Olivet Nazarene University since 2004. Dr. Mellish holds a Bachelor of Arts degree from Olivet Nazarene University, a Master of Divinity degree from Nazarene Theological Seminary, and a Masters and Doctor of Philosophy degree from Claremont Graduate University. Previously, he served in the Ontario-Montclair School District and as an associate pastor at Ontario First Church of the Nazarene. His research interests have focused on the life of David, the development of Israelite faith and religion, the Deuteronomistic History, Archaeology and Ancient Near Eastern history, and the Pentateuch.
- Author(s)Kevin J Mellish
- PublisherBeacon Hill Press of Kansas City
- Date of Publication01/03/2012
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectChristianity: General
- Series TitleNew Beacon Bible Commentary
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintBeacon Hill Press of Kansas City
- Weight440 g
- Width150 mm
- Height226 mm
- Spine20 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.