All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionJacqueline Roberts makes portraits on glass and aluminum plates using a 150-year-old technique called wet plate collodion. The long exposures required by the process ease the subjects into detaching themselves from their immediate surroundings; they appear to the viewer almost as if suspended in time and in space. Roberts's portraits emerge from that captivating state of limbo to evoke the transitional stage from childhood to adolescence. Nebula, Latin for mist, reflects on the turmoil of growing up, with all its relational, psychological, and emotional changes.
- Author BiographySpanish photographer Jacqueline Roberts was born in Paris in 1969. Her portraits have been featured in magazines such as New York Magazine, Royal Photographic Society Journal,Drome and Photographer's Companion, among others. She has published three books and has exhibited her work internationally. Roberts lives in Germany.
- Date of Publication04/10/2016
- Place of PublicationBologna
- Country of PublicationItaly
- Content Note87
- Weight1157 g
- Width255 mm
- Height300 mm
- Spine18 mm
- Photographer(s)Prof. Jacqueline Roberts
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $74.51
- AU $35.82Trending at AU $40.79
- AU $18.96Trending at AU $24.02
- AU $17.16Trending at AU $18.34
- AU $57.88Trending at AU $63.53
- AU $19.95Trending at AU $20.35
- AU $16.96Trending at AU $23.43
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.