All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThis book provides a detailed and comprehensive guide to working with risk. It begins by looking at tions of need, vulnerability and protection and looks at the theoretical concepts of each before applying them to practice. By using this combination of theory and practice the authors are able to integrate policy for a wide range of services users, from older people to children, families and younger adults. Case studies accompany and illustrate each method and the reader is invited to engage in a number of exercises and activities to consolidate learning.
- Author BiographySteve Hothersall is a senior lecturer in social work at the Robert Gordon University. He has worked as both a practitioner and manager in childcare and was previously the Director of Post-qualifying and Masters programmes in Childcare at the University of York. Steve has also worked as a mental health officer, a nurse and a teacher. Mike Maas-Lowit practiced in mental health as an Approved Social Worker in England and Mental Health Officer in Scotland until he took up a lecturing post in social work in 1991, specialising in mental health law and policy. From 2005 to 2007 he worked as the Scottish Executive's MHO advisor, helping to develop MHO services on a national basis and to revise MHO training in the light of the sweeping legislative and policy changes. He has since returned to his substantive post as a lecturer in the Robert Gordon University.
- PublisherSAGE Publications Ltd
- Date of Publication06/05/2010
- SubjectSocial Issues, Services & Welfare
- Series TitleTransforming Social Work Practice Series
- Place of PublicationExeter
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintLearning Matters Ltd
- Content Note15 illustrations
- Weight414 g
- Width171 mm
- Height246 mm
- Spine12 mm
- Edited byMike Maas-Lowit,Steve J. Hothersall
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $27.54Trending at AU $44.05
- AU $80.99Trending at AU $88.14
- AU $71.88Trending at AU $73.73
- AU $82.90Trending at AU $85.64
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $79.61
- AU $34.72Trending at AU $42.75
- AU $21.22Trending at AU $25.56
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.