All listings for this product
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $16.82Trending at AU $17.35
- AU $66.82Trending at AU $74.89
- AU $96.38Trending at AU $104.01
- AU $59.99Trending at AU $70.87
- AU $13.21Trending at AU $15.50
- AU $23.99Trending at AU $25.75
- AU $10.20Trending at AU $14.20
About this product
- DescriptionLt. Eric Matthews must help close down a drug ring big eugh to make the Mafia gag, a gang that is t just selling heroin, but cutting the drug with poison and killing someone weekly. For the first time in his career he must serve undercover as an enlisted man-his advancement in rank requires such experience. He is assigned to the USS Hestek (nicknamed the Old Haystack ) to track a suspected drug user back to his supplier and then arrest him, even though the two become good friends. He has help from a team of other operatives, led by his team leader Captain Rena Skye, USMC. Needle on the Haystack is t only a crime vel; it is a story about a naval officer in an unkwn environment, who must overcome feelings of inadequacy and fight personal battles with his past. It is a tale of duty vs. compassion. Can Matthews and his fellow agents stop these criminals and save the Navy in Norfolk from this heroin scourge? Can Matthews find the needle on the Haystack? The seed for this story came from an actual event witnessed by the author.
- Author BiographyRichard Bergeron joined the Navy at age 19 and stayed for ten years. After boot camp at Great Lakes, he went to schools for a year to study Basic Electricity & Electronics, Fire Control Technician Class A curriculum and Mark 37 Gunfire Control System Class C curriculum. Then went to sea for five and a half years. He was assigned to destroyers USS Laffey (DD-724) and USS Meredith (DD-890), the special guided missile testing ship USS Norton Sound (AVM-1), and destroyer USS Cony (DD-508), with two months of temporary duty on the destroyer tender USS Sierra (AD-18). His final assignment was as an weapons control equipment maintenance instructor at the Fleet Training Center, Newport, Rhode Island. Needle n the Haystack is his first novel. For a fuller bio, refer to the Amazon entry below: More About the Author and take a look at Bergeron's website: richard-bergeron.weebly.com (no http or www prefixes).
- Author(s)Richard Bergeron
- PublisherNew Circle Publications
- Date of Publication06/05/2013
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectCrime, Thriller & Adventure
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintNew Circle Publications
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight408 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine16 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.