About this product
- DescriptionThis book, with 400 colour and almost 100 black and white illustrations, is the result of years of research. With a history of tools and accessories used by needlewomen in Holland, from the Middle Ages, describing how they were used and who would have used them. Collectors of sewing sets will welcome their inclusion in this text.
- Author BiographyKay Sullivan's interest in needlework tools began at an early age when she spent many hours in her father's bespoke tailoring workshop just outside London, making new clothes for her dolls. Her father discouraged her from taking up sewing as a profession and she consequently studied English language and commercial subjects. After moving to Holland to be with her Dutch husband, she took a degree to enable her to start her own business, specialising in antique needlework tools and accessories. In the early 1980s, encouraged by collectors and friends, she issued a quarterly magazine for collectors of thimbles and associated sewing tools. De Vingerhoed was published for ten years and achieved a worldwide membership. She has travelled in Europe and America, giving lectures to thimble, sewing tool and handwork societies. Today, she is considered an authority on the subject of needlework tools and runs a business from her home just outside Amsterdam.
- Author(s)Kay Sullivan
- PublisherACC Art Books
- Date of Publication01/01/1999
- SubjectAntiques & Collectables
- Place of PublicationWoodbridge
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintACC Art Books
- Content Note552 illustrations, (458 colour )
- Weight1447 g
- Width235 mm
- Height274 mm
- Spine23 mm
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $16.08Trending at AU $23.14
- AU $69.60Trending at AU $90.30
- AU $17.51Trending at AU $30.29
- AU $24.13Trending at AU $27.75
- AU $41.84Trending at AU $49.87
- AU $31.46Trending at AU $40.58
- AU $27.51Trending at AU $30.44
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.