All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionNeg maron: Freedom Fighter speaks to the themes of warfare and slavery in the Caribbean during the eighteenth century and the resulting sexism. Have such experiences by the author's ancestors bequeathed a legacy of problems that current men and women have to struggle to surmount? There are echoes in the experience of African Americans and others in the diaspora who have experienced oppression. The gender-war continues. There is an urgent need to revisit the probable causes.
- Author BiographyMichael Aubertin was the Director of Culture i Saint Lucia for three years, and has worked as APCD with the Peace Corps. He has been interviewed by the BBC in relation to his historical novel that addresses slavery and oppression as well as gender issues. He is married with three children and six grand children.
- Author(s)Michael Aubertin
- PublisherCaribbean Diaspora Press
- Date of Publication04/12/2007
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectGeneral & Literary Fiction
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintCaribbean Diaspora Press
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight222 g
- Width140 mm
- Height216 mm
- Spine10 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
Best-selling in Fiction Books
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $55.12Trending at AU $56.52
- AU $12.70Trending at AU $16.78
- AU $62.20Trending at AU $74.21
- AU $11.81Trending at AU $19.09
- AU $40.00Trending at AU $63.70
- AU $19.77Trending at AU $20.54
- AU $47.07Trending at AU $49.55
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.