All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $80.99Trending at AU $88.17
- AU $71.88Trending at AU $73.75
- AU $82.90Trending at AU $85.67
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $79.64
- AU $34.73Trending at AU $42.76
- AU $21.22Trending at AU $25.57
About this product
- DescriptionIn the home the intricate relations between architecture, gender and domesticity become visible. Negotiating Domesticity investigates the many and complex themes evoked by the interconnections between these terms. Topics covered include famous as well as less well-kwn architectural examples and architects, which are explored from sociological, anthropological, philosophical and psychoanalytical approaches. The authors explore the relationships between modern domestic spaces and sexed subjectivities in a broad range of geographical locations of Western modernity. This richly interdisiplinary work presents architects and postgraduate students with an in-depth exploration of domesticity in the modern era.
- Author BiographyHilde Heynen is a professor of architectural theory at the Katholieke Universiteit Leuven, Belgium. She published Architecture and Modernity-A Critique (MIT Press, 1999). She is co-editor of a substantial anthology of 20th century texts on architecture, and co-edited Back From Utopia, The Challenge of the Modern Movement and Inside Density. She regularly publishes in periodicals such as The Journal of Architecture and Home Cultures. Gulsum Baydar teaches in the Deaprtment of Interior Architecture and Environment Design at Bilkent University. She is co-editor of Post-Colonial Space(s) (Princeton Architectural Press, 1997). Her articles, which question the disciplinary boundaries of architecture, appeared in such journals as Assemblage, The Journal of Architectural Education, The Journal of Architecture and Environment and Planning D: Society and Space.
- PublisherTaylor & Francis Ltd
- Date of Publication09/05/2005
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- Content Note68 black & white illustrations, 20 black & white line drawings
- Weight566 g
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine15 mm
- Edited byGulsum Baydar,Hilde Heynen
- Format DetailsB-format paperback,B-format paperback
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.