All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThis masterly book substantially extends Howard Raiffa's earlier classic, The Art and Science of Negotiation. It does so by incorporating three additional supporting strands of inquiry: individual decision analysis, judgmental decision making, and game theory. Each strand is introduced and used in analyzing negotiations. The book starts by considering how analytically minded parties can generate joint gains and distribute them equitably by negotiating with full, open, truthful exchanges. The book then examines models that disengage step by step from that ideal. It also shows how a neutral outsider (interver) can help all negotiators by providing joint, neutral analysis of their problem.Although analytical in its approach--building from simple hypothetical examples--the book can be understood by those with only a high school background in mathematics. It therefore will have a broad relevance for both the theory and practice of negotiation analysis as it is applied to disputes that range from those between family members, business partners, and business competitors to those involving labor and management, environmentalists and developers, and nations.
- Author BiographyHoward Raiffa is Frank P. Ramsey Professor of Managerial Economics Emeritus, Harvard Business School and Kennedy School of Government. John Richardson is a Lecturer and Associate at the Program on Negotiation, Harvard Law School. David Metcalfe is an Analyst at Forrester Research, London, England.
- Author(s)Howard Raiffa
- PublisherHarvard University Press
- Date of Publication13/03/2007
- SubjectManagement & Business: General
- Place of PublicationCambridge, Mass.
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintThe Belknap Press
- Content Note98 line illustrations, 91 tables
- Weight912 g
- Width168 mm
- Height254 mm
- Spine27 mm
- Format DetailsUnsewn / adhesive bound,Trade paperback (US)
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $26.57Trending at AU $36.78
- AU $30.05Trending at AU $40.02
- AU $14.93Trending at AU $21.99
- AU $27.74Trending at AU $29.97
- AU $26.84Trending at AU $29.42
- AU $19.77Trending at AU $29.82
- AU $14.82Trending at AU $17.90
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.