All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionIndia's first prime minister has long been of enduring interest to biographers the world over. His rise to power and his vision of a new world order, as well as his secularism, intellect and liberty of thought have been a focus of scholarship for decades. Nehru explores the private and public life of a remarkable man, ahead of his time, his intellectual growth, his policies as the first leader of free India and his enduring bond with Mahatma Gandhi.
- Author BiographyDr B.N. Pandey was born in Uttar Pradesh. He taught modern Indian history at the School of Oriental and African Studies, University of London. He was also the chairman of the Centre of South African Studies. His publications include The Rise of Modern India, The Introduction of English Law Into India, The Break-Up of British India, The Evolution of India and Pakistan: Selected Documents, 1858-1947 (edited with C.H. Philips and H.L. Singh) and Nehru, a full length, scholarly biography.
- Author(s)B. N. Pandey
- PublisherRupa & Co
- Date of Publication28/07/2002
- SubjectBiography: Historical, Political & Military
- Place of PublicationCalcutta
- Country of PublicationIndia
- ImprintRupa & Co
- Content Noteb&w illustrations
- Width140 mm
- Height218 mm
- Edition StatementNew edition
Best-selling in Textbooks
- AU $126.09New
Management: the Essentials by Mary Coulter, Megan Woods, Stephen Robbins, David De Cenzo (Paperback, 2015)
- AU $111.71New
- AU $93.44Used
- AU $101.53New
- AU $78.95New
Save on Textbooks
- AU $69.90Trending at AU $82.05
- AU $87.90Trending at AU $89.13
- AU $73.99Trending at AU $78.49
- AU $38.81Trending at AU $50.27
- AU $69.88Trending at AU $74.17
- AU $104.88Trending at AU $108.86
- AU $21.18Trending at AU $23.08
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.