Neighborly Adversaries: Readings in U.S-Latin American Relations by Rowman & Littlefield (Hardback, 2006)
Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $92.65Free postage
- Brand new condition
- Sold by simplybestprices-10to20dayshipping
- See details for delivery est.
- AU $24.23+ AU $24.99 postage
- Good condition
- Sold by whattaplace
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThe history of U.S.-Latin American relations has been marked by a complex fusion of tension, misperception, intervention, and cooperation. Providing a balanced and interdisciplinary interpretation, this comprehensive reader traces the troubled relationship from the beginning of the nineteenth century to the post-9/11 period. Thoroughly revised and updated, this edition of Neighborly Adversaries includes original essays on critically important issues such as immigration and the environment. In addition, a new section helps students of history, political science, and international relations understand the most important themes and topics that unify and divide the United States and Latin American nations today. The readings are framed by the editors' opening chapter on the history of the relationship, introductory essays for each part, and abstracts for each selection. Methodologically interdisciplinary, yet comparative and historical in organization and structure, this collection will benefit students and specialists of Latin America's complex historical, social, and political relationship with its rthern neighbor. Contributions by: Luisa Angrisani, Laura Avila, Bruce M. Bagley, Samuel Flagg Bemis, Cole Blasier, Jorge G. Castaneda, Richard L. Harris, Lance R. Ingwersen, Wesley Ingwersen, George Kennan, Stephen Kinzer, Lester D. Langley, Michael LaRosa, Jerome Levinson, Alan Luxenberg, Frank O. Mora, Gaston Nerval, Juan de Onis, Robert Pastor, Dexter Perkins, Fredrick Pike, Jose Enrique Rodo, Riordan Roett, Elihu Root, Steven Schlesinger, Michael Shifter, Josiah Strong, Juan G. Tokatlian, Roger R. Trask, Arturo Valenzuela, Woodrow Wilson, and Bryce Wood.
- Author BiographyMichael LaRosa is associate professor of history at Rhodes College. Frank O. Mora, formerly professor of national security strategy at the National War College, National Defense University, is deputy assistant secretary of defense-western hemisphere.
- PublisherRowman & Littlefield
- Date of Publication24/07/2006
- SubjectInternational Relations
- Place of PublicationLanham, MD
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintRowman & Littlefield Publishers
- Out-of-print date01/04/2015
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight753 g
- Width162 mm
- Height240 mm
- Spine33 mm
- Edited byFrank O. Mora,Michael J. LaRosa
- Edition Statement2nd Revised edition
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $16.08Trending at AU $23.14
- AU $69.60Trending at AU $90.30
- AU $17.51Trending at AU $30.29
- AU $24.13Trending at AU $27.75
- AU $41.84Trending at AU $49.87
- AU $31.46Trending at AU $40.58
- AU $27.51Trending at AU $30.44
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.