All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $27.54Trending at AU $44.05
- AU $80.99Trending at AU $88.14
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $77.73
- AU $71.88Trending at AU $73.43
- AU $82.89Trending at AU $85.64
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $79.61
- AU $34.73Trending at AU $42.75
About this product
- DescriptionRespected journalist Harvey Kubernik charts every aspect of Neil Young's extraordinary career with the aid of exclusive interviews conducted with fellow musicians, record producers, music journalists, film directors and loyal fans. The period spanning Neil Young's debut with local bands in his native Canada through to his more recent record-breaking tours and his acclaimed 2014 album A Letter Home covers some 50 years. It encompasses a spell with the seminal West Coast band Buffalo Springfield, collaborations with Crosby, Stills and Nash, and a glittering solo career which began in the 1970s. The scale of Neil Young's achievements as a singer-songwriter and his longevity as an artist have given him a status and an influence that helped shape the history of popular music. Among those featured in this book are musicians Graham Nash, Nils Lofgren and Richie Furay, filmmaker Jim Jarmusch, photographer Henry Diltz, producers Jack Nitzsche and the late Kim Fowley, and many, many more. Along with a retrospective commentary on every studio and live album, this is the ultimate tribute to one of rock music's true giants.
- Author BiographyHarvey Kubernik is a writer and music historian, with over 44 years' experience as a pop culture journalist. He is the author of six books, including Turn Up the Radio! Rock, Pop, and Roll in Los Angeles 1956 - 1972 (2014), Canyon of Dreams: The Magic and Music of Laurel Canyon (2009), and Leonard Cohen: Everybody Knows (2014). He saw Buffalo Springfield perform live locally in 1966 and '67 and attended a rare Neil Young solo concert in Hollywood in 2014. He has interviewed many of the studio musicians, bandmates, record producers and engineers who have worked with Neil Young over the last half-century. He lives in America.
- Author(s)Harvey Kubernik
- PublisherOmnibus Press
- Date of Publication09/11/2015
- SubjectMusic & Dance
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintOmnibus Press
- Width215 mm
- Height275 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.