All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionA wish-book come true! In Nell Hill's Rooms We Love, decorating maven Mary Carol Garrity coaches readers on how to affordably decorate rooms they will fall in love with. Named One of America's hottest little retailers by Fortune magazine, Mary Carol Garrity's mini empire of three decor stores are a Midwest regional phemen and have become landmarks in the decorating world. In Nell Hill's Rooms We Love, we will see Mary Carol apply her Nell Hill s principles of design to new challenges. Even though design styles and trends have changed significantly since Nell Hill's Style at Home, Mary Carol s first book ten years ago, the rules that guide her approach to decorating have t. In this book, we will rediscover those principles at work in four very different houses, in addition to her own home. In the book, we will visit rooms inspired by the needs of each homeowner and will see how they transformed their rooms using Mary Carol s inspiration and tricks of the trade. We will observe: A century-old English Tudor in a city neighborhood, reinvented for empty nesters A suburban tear-down that was rebuilt for a growing family A home in the country, newly built but with an old soul A sweeping country mar with one-of-a kind rooms While traveling through these homes, Mary Carol will construct the process and provide readers with the blueprint she uses for discovering personal styles. We hope you will be inspired by these rooms and will come away with creative energy to make your rooms beautiful, functional, colorful, and comfortable. Mary Carol Garrity and her staff at Nell Hill s work with thousands of customers each year to help them bring their homes to life. Mary Carol s passion is to work with homeowners to make the rooms in their houses beautiful, colorful, functional, and special. In Nell Hill s Rooms We Love, Mary Carol shares some of her favorite decorating solutions, showing her readers inside the homes of the clients she has worked with to help them bring their dreams to life. In this new book, Mary Carol deconstructs the process that helps her work with the myriad of decorating challenges from her customers. It is a big order to think about redoing a room in a house, committing to a paint color or wallpaper, dozens of yards of fabric, new upholstery, area rugs that you will be living with for a while, and the investment of dollars and time spent on the makeover. Mary Carol demystifies the process by showing us through rooms she loves and calling out details that go into making the room successful. Mary Carol defines success in decorating by working with customers to identify their own personal style. While the stores of Nell Hill s are packed full of great room settings, tableaus, and both big and little surprises, Mary Carol believes that people have apersonal style that is uniquely their own. Her goal is to help you discover your own style by offering some guiding principles for your decisions. Mary Carol s Guiding Principles Mary Carol believes that your style comes from mixing old with new, showcasing your keepsake treasures as well as your newly discovered surprises. And she believes in comfort providing spaces where you can sit down with a book and get cozy or where your guests will find a special amenity waiting just for them. Mary Carol believes that a beautiful room always offers an unexpected delight. She encourages you to bring the outdoors inside, using garden structures year-round in seasonal decorating.
- Author BiographyMary Carol Garrity, heralded by Forbes magazine as one of the hottest little retailers, is the dynamic proprietor of Nell Hill's, with locations in Atchison, Kansas, and Kansas City, Missouri. As one of today's top lifestyle resources with her own paint and home accessory lines Mary Carol is always on hand to personally answer customers' questions and offer real-life decorating solutions. She lives in Atchison, Kansas, with her husband, Dan.
- Author(s)Mary Carol Garrity
- PublisherAndrews McMeel Publishing
- Date of Publication01/11/2013
- SubjectHouse & Home
- Place of PublicationKansas City
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintAndrews McMeel Publishing
- Content Noteillustrations
- Weight699 g
- Width188 mm
- Height257 mm
- Spine20 mm
- Format DetailsSewn,Cloth over boards
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $57.99Trending at AU $62.11
- AU $34.67Trending at AU $36.61
- AU $73.13Trending at AU $74.82
- AU $18.13Trending at AU $23.76
- AU $37.59Trending at AU $40.09
- AU $34.02Trending at AU $36.09
- AU $28.51Trending at AU $29.80
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.