Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $19.74Free postage
- Brand new condition
- Sold by the_nile
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionWith Magazine Wars, a new ABC drama series from the makers of Paper Giants: The Birth of Cleo, set to recreate Nene King's heyday presiding over WOMAN'S DAY in the race for ratings, Peter FitzSimon's biography of Nene takes us behind the scenes of Nene's triumphs - and tragedies. It's 1987. Big hair and shoulderpads rule. Flamboyant deputy editor Nene King storms out of NEW IDEA to become editor of Kerry Packer's WOMAN'S DAY, determined to overthrow NEW IDEA and her former boss Dulcie Boling's supremacy. What followed was the rise of celebrity and gossip-fuelled journalism, a world where Nene reigned supreme. Even the once untouchable Royals - Charles and Diana, Fergie and Andrew - became fodder for the magazines' ratings war. Famous for her friendship with the Packer family, infamous for her publication of Fergie's toe-sucking picture, Nene's own life has t been free from tragedy. Her beloved husband, Patrick, went missing while diving with friends off Bondi. His body was never recovered. When the shock of the tragedy saw Nene end up in Narcotics Anymous, she realised it was time for change. Retiring from the world of magazines, gradually Nene took back her life ...Now, in 2013, as Paper Giants: Magazine Wars airs on the ABC, Nene brings readers right up to date with the continuing ups and downs of her rollercoaster life, when, deceived by people she trusted, Nene lost her home and all her savings. As Nene has said, 'it's a personal journey, it's all I can do, the triumphs and the tragedies. And I'm sure you learn more from my mistakes than from my achievements.'
- Author BiographyPeter FitzSimons is a journalist with the Sydney Morning Herald and Sun-Herald. He is the author of nearly twenty books - including Tobruk and biographies of Nancy Wake, Kim Beazley, Nene King, Nick Farr-Jones, Steve Waugh and John Eales - and was Australia's bestselling non-fiction writer in 2001 and 2004.
- Author(s)Peter FitzSimons
- PublisherHarperCollins Publishers (Australia) Pty Ltd
- Date of Publication01/04/2013
- SubjectBiography: The Arts
- Place of PublicationNew South Wales
- Country of PublicationAustralia
- ImprintHarperCollins Publishers (Australia) Pty Ltd
- Weight374 g
- Width131 mm
- Height199 mm
- Spine33 mm
- Format DetailsB-format paperback
- Edition StatementRevised edition
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $57.99Trending at AU $62.11
- AU $34.68Trending at AU $36.61
- AU $73.14Trending at AU $74.82
- AU $18.13Trending at AU $23.76
- AU $37.59Trending at AU $40.09
- AU $34.37Trending at AU $36.09
- AU $28.53Trending at AU $29.80
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.