Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $27.54Trending at AU $43.90
- AU $80.99Trending at AU $87.85
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $77.47
- AU $71.88Trending at AU $73.18
- AU $82.89Trending at AU $85.35
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $79.34
- AU $34.75Trending at AU $42.60
About this product
- DescriptionThis is a breathtaking and superbly designed volume on the influential Neoclassic and Romantic art movements. It is magnificently illustrated, with fascinating analysis from an expert and artist biographies, at a surprisingly accessible price. This is a beautiful gift-book. Here is a rich, informative introduction to an exciting period in art history. Neoclassicism, which arose during the 18th Century's Age of Enlightenment, was inspired by the rationality, simplicity and grandeur of ancient Greece and Rome. In fact, many of its greatest works reflect archaeological discoveries of the time. In reaction to this austere style, Romanticism sought to reinfuse art with passion, drama and mysticism. Here are the key masterpieces of both schools - works by Cava, Constable, Copley, David, Blake, Delacroix, Gericault, Turner, Ingres and others - complete with biographies of the artists and accompanied by a text that illuminates the ideas and events that shaped an era of artistic ferment.
- Author BiographySilvestra Bietoletti is the author of many titles on art and art history.
- Author(s)Silvestra Bietoletti
- PublisherSterling Publishing Co Inc
- Date of Publication05/11/2009
- SubjectFine Arts / Art History
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- Out-of-print date23/08/2016
- Content Notefull colour illustrations throughout, includes illustrations
- Weight748 g
- Width216 mm
- Height265 mm
- Spine15 mm
- Format DetailsWith flaps
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.