All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionIt's a baffling case that leads Dr. Al Jackson to consult his colleague Dr. Mark Selby and propose a diagsis of BSE. Unfortunately, America hasn't had a case of Mad Cow disease in five years, and the patient is a vegetarian. The puzzling illness is but the first indication of a looming public health crisis that will confound the best and brightest minds of the North Georgia Medical Center, as well as the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, and National Security Agency. Gerard Hansen's Neogenesis is a gripping fictional drama written with urgency and realism, recounting a high stakes search for the origins and pathology of a mysterious disease that could decimate humanity. Remarkable characters bring this exhilirating vel to life, anchored by Mark Selby, whose extraordinary talents in the lab stand in stark relief to the failings in his personal life. Joining Selby and Jackson is Megan O'Reilly, a workaholic idealist from the CDC, and chasing down leads on the national and international levels, Susie Michaels, a beautiful, but tough as nails operative for the NSA. As the hunt for the truth ensues, Neogenesis reveals the motive forces of ego, greed, and love at play in ways as destructive as the manifestations of the sub-virus prions. Is science recklessly heading into areas that are t adequately understood? Can humanity be trusted to safeguard its continued existence? Neogenesis is a startling work of fiction hinting prophetically at unimaginable, cataclysmic realities that could easily come true.
- Author BiographyGerard Hansen holds advanced degrees in Science and Business, and has an over-active imagination. He has published several technical books and holds several patents. However, this is his first novel. Is he a fiction writer or a prophet? You decide.
- Author(s)Gerard L Hansen
- Date of Publication18/04/2012
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectCrime, Thriller & Adventure
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight336 g
- Width133 mm
- Height203 mm
- Spine17 mm
- Illustrator(s)Jonathan Cedeno
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
Best-selling in Fiction Books
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $16.95Trending at AU $19.66
- AU $47.99Trending at AU $53.14
- AU $29.99Trending at AU $31.07
- AU $47.56Trending at AU $49.54
- AU $26.48Trending at AU $34.68
- AU $27.13Trending at AU $27.83
- AU $11.85Trending at AU $14.31
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.