All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionMohan J Dutta closely interrogates the communicative forms and practices that have been central to the establishment of neoliberal governance. In particular, he examines cultural discourses of health in relationship to the market and the health implications of these cultural discourses. Using examples from around the world, he explores the roles of public-private partnerships, NGOs, militaries, and new techlogies in reinforcing the link between market and health. Identifying the taken-for-granted assumptions that constitute the foundations of global neoliberal organizing, he offers an alternative strategy for a grassroots-driven participatory form of global organizing of health. This inventive theoretical volume speaks to those in critical communication, in health research, in social policy, and in contemporary political ecomy studies.
- Author BiographyMohan J. Dutta is Professor and Head of the Department of Communications and New Media at the National University of Singapore. He is also joint professor in the Interactive Digital Media Institute at the National University of Singapore and Adjunct Professor of Communication at the Brian Lamb School of Communication at Purdue University. Dutta is the Director of the Center for Culture-Centered Approach to Research and Evaluation at the National University of Singapore. He is one of the most prolific scholars in health communication, author of over 150 journal articles and book chapters and author or editor of six books. He was recognized in 2006 as the Lewis Donohew Outstanding Scholar in Health Communication.
- Author(s)Mohan J. Dutta
- PublisherLeft Coast Press Inc
- Date of Publication30/08/2015
- SubjectCommunication & Media
- Series TitleCritical Cultural Studies in Global Health Communication
- Place of PublicationWalnut Creek
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintLeft Coast Press Inc
- Weight544 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine23 mm
Best Selling in Textbooks
Marketing Management: an Asian Perspective by Swee Hoon Ang, Kevin Lane Keller, Siew-Meng Leong, Chin Tiong Tan, Philip Kotler (Paperback, 2013)
- AU $72.47New
- AU $65.12Used
- AU $78.93New
- AU $105.86New
- AU $75.86Used
Save on Textbooks
- AU $64.22Trending at AU $77.83
- AU $21.86Trending at AU $23.16
- AU $22.16Trending at AU $23.07
- AU $17.62Trending at AU $19.49
- AU $70.00Trending at AU $88.70
- AU $84.90Trending at AU $88.09
- AU $89.90Trending at AU $94.80
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.