Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $27.54Trending at AU $43.90
- AU $80.99Trending at AU $87.85
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $77.47
- AU $71.88Trending at AU $73.18
- AU $78.98Trending at AU $85.35
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $79.34
- AU $34.79Trending at AU $42.60
About this product
- DescriptionWorldwide more than one million babies die annually from perinatal asphyxia and its associated complications such as neonatal encephalopathy - one of the major causes of cerebral palsy and cognitive deficiencies in children aside from prematurity. Cooling the head - or the entire body - minimizes neuronal death, enabling the neonatal brain to be 'rescued' thus greatly improving developmental outcomes. Hypothermic neural rescue therapy has revolutionized the treatment of this condition and is a major recent achievement in neonatal medicine. This landmark book provides a brief scientific underpinning of hypothermic neural rescue therapy and lays out the evidence base for good practice. Internationally recognized authorities give practical advice, drawn from personal experience, on how to deliver hypothermia in the neonatal intensive care unit. A valuable addition to any neonatal unit, this is essential reading for neonatologists, neonatal nurses and paediatric neurologists.
- Author BiographyA. David Edwards FRCPCH is Professor of Paediatrics and Neonatal Medicine and Director of the Centre for the Developing Brain, King's College London. He is also an Honorary Consultant Neonatologist at Evelina Children's Hospital, St Thomas's Hospital, London, UK. Denis V. Azzopardi FRCPCH is Professor of Neonatal Medicine, Institute of Clinical Sciences, Imperial College School of Medicine, London and Consultant Neonatologist, Hammersmith Hospital, London, UK. Alastair J. Gunn MBChB PhD FRACP is Professor of Physiology and Paediatrics, Faculty of Medical and Health Sciences, School of Medical Sciences, Auckland University, Auckland, New Zealand.
- PublisherCambridge University Press
- Date of Publication04/04/2013
- SubjectMedicine: Textbooks & Study Guides
- Place of PublicationCambridge
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintCambridge University Press
- Content Note61 b/w illus. 16 colour illus. 22 tables
- Weight680 g
- Width189 mm
- Height246 mm
- Spine15 mm
- Edited byA. David Edwards,Alistair J. Gunn,Denis V. Azzopardi
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.