All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionCaring for newborns and infants in the first year of life can be anxiety-provoking and challenging, especially for the emergency physician. This book addresses the most common complaints that an emergency provider may have to evaluate and treat. It is divided into three sections for quick access to a variety of medical conditions. Section I covers the basics of neonate care in the emergency room and includes the general exam, airway management, and sedation. Section II focuses on specific common complaints, such as failure to thrive, fever, and seizures. Section III covers management of specific systems, including cardiology, dermatology, and toxicology. The Appendixes include handy pediatric formulas, immunization schedules, and easy-to-use algorithms and tables. A practical resource for a wide range of health providers, from medical students, residents, and Fellows to attending physicians.
- Author BiographyGhazala Q. Sharieff, MD, is Medical Director of the Emergency Care Center at Rady Children's Hospital, San Diego, California, and Director of Pediatric Emergency Medicine for the Palomar-Pomerado Health System/ California Emergency Physicians. Maureen McCollough, MD, is Associate Professor of Pediatrics and Emergency Medicine at the University of Southern California Keck School of Medicine and Director of the Pediatric Emergency and the Emergency Departments at Los Angeles County - USC Medical Center, Los Angeles, California.
- PublisherCambridge University Press
- Date of Publication03/11/2008
- SubjectClinical Medicine: Professional
- Place of PublicationCambridge
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintCambridge University Press
- Content Note46 b/w illus. 45 colour illus. 70 tables
- Weight1350 g
- Width215 mm
- Height279 mm
- Spine26 mm
- Edited byGhazala Q. Sharieff,Maureen McCollough
Best-selling in Other
Save on Other
- AU $34.04Trending at AU $49.85
- AU $44.25Trending at AU $48.56
- AU $27.12Trending at AU $28.77
- AU $17.94Trending at AU $27.27
- AU $18.88Trending at AU $23.86
- AU $14.22Trending at AU $25.90
- AU $22.86Trending at AU $25.96
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.