All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionNested Ecology provides a pragmatic and functional approach to realizing a sustainable environmental ethic. Edward T. Wimberley asserts that a practical ecological ethic must focus on human decision making within the context of larger social and environmental systems. Think of a set of mixing bowls, in which smaller bowls sit within larger ones. Wimberley sees the world in much the same way, with personal ecologies embedded in social ecologies that in turn are nested within natural ecologies. Wimberley urges a complete reconceptualization of the human place in the ecological hierarchy. Going beyond the physical realms in which people live and interact, he extends the concept of ecology to spirituality and the ecology of the unkwn. In doing so, Wimberley defines a new environmental philosophy and a new ecological ethic.
- Author BiographyEdward T. Wimberley is a professor of ecological studies at Florida Gulf Coast University.
- Author(s)Edward T. Wimberley
- PublisherJohns Hopkins University Press
- Date of Publication29/05/2009
- SubjectEnvironment & Planning
- Place of PublicationBaltimore, MD
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintJohns Hopkins University Press
- Weight499 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine20 mm
- Foreword byJohn F. Haught
- Interest AgeFrom 17
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $27.53Trending at AU $27.94
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $74.51
- AU $35.82Trending at AU $40.79
- AU $19.36Trending at AU $23.98
- AU $17.16Trending at AU $18.34
- AU $57.88Trending at AU $63.53
- AU $19.95Trending at AU $20.35
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.