All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $32.27Trending at AU $36.78
- AU $26.57Trending at AU $36.78
- AU $30.05Trending at AU $40.02
- AU $14.93Trending at AU $21.99
- AU $27.74Trending at AU $29.97
- AU $26.84Trending at AU $29.42
- AU $19.77Trending at AU $29.82
About this product
- DescriptionMaster the key skills for on-court success. Netball: Steps to Success covers every aspect of the game, from individual playing skills to the fundamentals of team play.Netball: Steps to Success gives players a solid grounding in the game. By teaching correct footwork and the fundamental skills of catching, passing and shooting, it provides a solid platform from which to progress to competitive game play. These skills are practiced and honed through a series of drills that feature a scoring system designed to accelerate your progress.Once you master the basic skills, Netball: Steps to Success takes you on the court and prepares you for any situation. Detailed instruction, complemented by full-colour photographs and illustrations, will teach you the defensive and attacking strategies needed for winning play, whatever your playing level. Off-the-court preparation, including conditioning routines and warm-ups, will ensure you're at your best on game day.Whether you want to sharpen your existing skills or raise your playing level, Netball: Steps to Success, part of the best-selling Steps to Success Sports Series (over 1.5 million copies sold worldwide), has the answer. You can be confident that the best instruction in the sport is at your fingertips.
- Author BiographyWilma Shakespear was the director of Queensland Academy of Sport and has recently retired as the director of the English Institute of Sport. Before overseeing the delivery of support to elite athletes, Wilma played and coached for the Australian netball team. In fact, Wilma was the world's first professional coach of an elite netball programme, and at 26 she was the youngest national coach ever appointed by Australia. Margaret Caldow, BEM, was a player in the Australian netball team for 10 years and was the captain for 8 years. She played in three winning World Championship teams. She has been involved with netball coaching since 1980. Her various coaching roles have included coach at the Australian Institute of Sport, specialist shooting coach of the Australian National team, head coach of the Victorian Institute of Sport and head coach of the Melbourne Kestrels. From 2004 to 2008 Margaret was employed by England Netball as the national head coach. During this time she led England to a bronze medal in the 2006 Commonwealth Games and a fourth-place finish at the 2007 World Championships, and on the new world rankings that commenced in January 2008, she took England to a third-place world ranking. In 1988, Caldow was inducted into the Sport Australia Hall of Fame.In 2005, Sport Australia Hall of Fame honoured both Margaret and Wilma as members of the 1963 Australian netball team for winning the first world netball championships in England.
- Author(s)Wilma Shakespear
- PublisherHuman Kinetics Publishers
- Date of Publication05/06/2009
- SubjectBall Games: Field & Outdoor
- Series TitleSteps to Success S.
- Place of PublicationChampaign
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- First Published2008
- ImprintHuman Kinetics Publishers
- Content Note162 colour illustrations, 52 colour illustrations
- Weight703 g
- Width213 mm
- Height277 mm
- Spine13 mm
- Edition Statement2nd
- Interest AgeFrom 18 To 99
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.