All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionFrom one of the most lauded scholars in ethmusicology comes this enlightening and highly personal narrative on the evolution and current state of the field of ethmusicology. Surveying the field he helped establish, Bru Nettl investigates how concepts such as evolution, geography, and history serve as catalysts for advancing ethmusicological methods and perspectives. This entertaining collection covers Nettl's scholarly interests ranging from Native American to Mediterranean to Middle Eastern contexts while laying out the pivotal moments of the field and conversations with the giants of its past. Nettl moves from reflections on the history of ethmusicology to evaluations of the principal organizations in the field, interspersing those broader discussions with shorter essays focusing on neglected literature and personal experiences.
- Author BiographyBruno Nettl is professor emeritus of music and anthropology at the University of Illinois Urbana-Champaign and the author of The Study of Ethnomusicology: Thirty-One Issues and Concepts and many other books.
- Author(s)Bruno Nettl
- PublisherUniversity of Illinois Press
- Date of Publication11/08/2010
- SubjectMusic & Dance
- Place of PublicationBaltimore
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintUniversity of Illinois Press
- Content Noteillustrations
- Weight340 g
- Width3887 mm
- Height5817 mm
- Spine18 mm
- Foreword byAnthony Seeger
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $50.71Trending at AU $61.55
- AU $32.59Trending at AU $36.88
- AU $32.77Trending at AU $40.84
- AU $30.36Trending at AU $40.12
- AU $30.37Trending at AU $31.39
- AU $15.79Trending at AU $25.15
- AU $14.47Trending at AU $16.66
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.