Network Defense and Countermeasures: Principles and Practices by William (Chuck) Easttom (Paperback, 2013)
Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $136.00Free postage
- Brand new condition
- Sold by simplybestprices-10to20dayshipping
- See details for delivery est.
Nearly newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $89.95+ AU $12.95 postage
- Like new condition
- Sold by ausreseller
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionNetwork Defense and Countermeasures: Principles and Practices Everything you need to kw about modern network attacks and defense, in one book Clearly explains core network security concepts, challenges, techlogies, and skills Thoroughly updated for the latest attacks and countermeasures The perfect beginner's guide for anyone interested in a network security career Security is the IT industry's hottest topic-and that's where the hottest opportunities are, too. Organizations desperately need professionals who can help them safeguard against the most sophisticated attacks ever created-attacks from well-funded global criminal syndicates, and even governments. Today, security begins with defending the organizational network. Network Defense and Countermeasures, Second Edition is today's most complete, easy-to-understand introduction to modern network attacks and their effective defense. From malware and DDoS attacks to firewalls and encryption, Chuck Easttom blends theoretical foundations with up-to-the-minute best-practice techniques. Starting with the absolute basics, he discusses crucial topics many security books overlook, including the emergence of network-based espionage and terrorism. If you have a basic understanding of networks, that's all the background you'll need to succeed with this book: math or advanced computer science is required. You'll find projects, questions, exercises, case studies, links to expert resources, and a complete glossary-all designed to deepen your understanding and prepare you to defend real-world networks. Chuck Easttom has worked in all aspects of IT, including network administration, software engineering, and IT management. For several years, he has taught IT topics in college and corporate environments, worked as an independent IT consultant, and served as an expert witness in court cases involving computers. He holds 28 industry certifications, including CISSP, ISSAP, Certified Ethical Hacker, Certified Hacking Forensics Investigator, EC Council Certified Security Administrator, and EC Council Certified Instructor. He served as subject matter expert for CompTIA in its development or revision of four certification tests, including Security+. He recently assisted the EC Council in developing its new advanced cryptography course. Easttom has authored 13 books on topics including computer security and crime. Learn how to n Understand essential network security concepts, challenges, and careers n Learn how modern attacks work n Discover how firewalls, intrusion detection systems (IDS), and virtual private networks (VPNs) combine to protect modern networks n Select the right security techlogies for any network environment n Use encryption to protect information n Harden Windows and Linux systems and keep them patched n Securely configure web browsers to resist attacks n Defend against malware n Define practical, enforceable security policies n Use the 6 Ps to assess technical and human aspects of system security n Detect and fix system vulnerability n Apply proven security standards and models, including Orange Book, Common Criteria, and Bell-LaPadula n Ensure physical security and prepare for disaster recovery n Kw your enemy: learn basic hacking, and see how to counter it n Understand standard forensic techniques and prepare for investigations of digital crime
- Author BiographyChuck Easttom is a security consultant, author, and trainer. He has authored fourteen other books on programming, Web development, security, and Linux. Chuck holds more than 28 different industry certifications including CISSP, CEH, CHFI, ECSA, CIW Security Analyst, MCSE, MCSA, MCDBA, MCAD, Server+, and more. He has served as a subject matter expert for the Computer Technology Industry Association (CompTIA) in the development or revision of four of their certification tests, including the initial creation of their Security+ certification. He also developed the ECES cryptography certification for the EC Council. Chuck is a frequent guest speaker for computer groups, discussing computer security. You can reach Chuck at his website (www.chuckeasttom.com) or by email at email@example.com.
- Author(s)William (Chuck) Easttom
- PublisherPearson Education (US)
- Date of Publication28/10/2013
- SubjectComputer Communications & Networking
- Place of PublicationUpper Saddle River
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintPearson IT Certification
- Content Noteillustrations
- Weight773 g
- Width177 mm
- Height230 mm
- Spine28 mm
- Edition Statement2nd Revised edition
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $79.69Trending at AU $111.60
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $74.34
- AU $35.46Trending at AU $40.70
- AU $74.90Trending at AU $79.33
- AU $30.00Trending at AU $49.01
- AU $16.99Trending at AU $18.30
- AU $51.98Trending at AU $53.06
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.