Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $56.99Trending at AU $71.40
- AU $13.75Trending at AU $17.83
- AU $94.90Trending at AU $97.85
- AU $29.08Trending at AU $33.28
- AU $30.74Trending at AU $37.18
- AU $23.06Trending at AU $32.95
- AU $71.09Trending at AU $86.07
About this product
- DescriptionIt is estimated that only 5% of the western hemisphere's current housing stock is suitable for elderly residents. Fortunately, today's generation of architects is working towards increasing the availability and variety of housing for older people. This volume details dozens of thoughtfully conceived projects from around the world that incorporate the needs of older citizens without sacrificing the personal and aesthetic choices we all make when choosing our home. These examples of single-family houses, communal living projects, service apartments, and assisted living residences enable their inhabitants to maintain - and even improve - their quality of life.
- Author BiographyAnnette Becker is Curator at the DAM (German Architecture Museum), Frankfurt. Peter Cachola Schmal is an architect and Director of the DAM, Frankfurt. Claudia Haas is Junior Curator at the DAM, Frankfurt.
- Date of Publication19/02/2013
- Place of PublicationMunich
- Country of PublicationGermany
- Out-of-print date01/12/2015
- Content Note240
- Weight1565 g
- Width230 mm
- Height300 mm
- Spine25 mm
- Edited byAnnette Becker,Claudia Haas,Peter Cachola Schmal
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.