All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThis broad-ranging book equips programmers and designers with a thorough grounding in the techniques used to create truly network-enabled computer graphics and games. Written for graphics/game/VE developers and students, it assumes prior kwledge of networking. The text offers a broad view of what types of different architectural patterns can be found in current systems, and readers will learn the tradeoffs in achieving system requirements on the Internet. The book explains the foundations of networked graphics, then explores real systems in depth, and finally considers standards and extensions. Numerous case studies and examples with working code are featured throughout the text, covering groundbreaking academic research and military simulation systems, as well as industry-leading game designs. This title offers everything designers need to kw when developing networked graphics and games is covered in one volume - need to consult multiple sources. The many examples throughout the text feature real simulation code in C++ and Java that developers can use in their own design experiments. Case studies describing real-world systems show how requirements and constraints can be managed.
- Author BiographyAnthony Steed is a Professor at University College London. His research interests are in collaborative virtual environments, immersive virtual reality, interaction, and human animation. He has over 110 refereed conference and journal papers to date. He was program chair of the 2007, 2008, and 2009 IEEE Virtual Reality conferences. For part of the academic year 2006 - 2007 he was on sabbatical to Electronic Arts in Guildford. He is also the director of the Engineering Doctorate Centre in Virtual Environment, Imaging, and Visualization. Manuel Fradinho Oliveira is the research director of Cyntelix, and is responsible for the business development of seveal successful innovations. His research interests include collaborative virtual environments, immersive virtual reality, networked virtual environments, game design, human factors, and serious games. He has more than 70 refereed conference and journal publications to date. His PhD thesis focused on creating networked virtual environment systems, which yielded a patent addressing subjective network compensation techniques.
- Author(s)Anthony Steed,Manuel Oliveira
- PublisherElsevier Science & Technology
- Date of Publication01/12/2009
- SubjectDesign & Commercial Art
- Place of PublicationSan Francisco
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintMorgan Kaufmann Publishers In
- Content Note251 illustrations
- Weight1247 g
- Width191 mm
- Height235 mm
- Spine30 mm
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
- AU $61.65New
- AU $7.65New
- AU $20.61New
- AU $33.28New
- AU $29.94New
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $59.99Trending at AU $61.65
- AU $3.99Trending at AU $7.65
- AU $40.94Trending at AU $51.58
- AU $29.54Trending at AU $29.94
- AU $56.80Trending at AU $63.10
- AU $49.30Trending at AU $52.75
- AU $26.83Trending at AU $30.82
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.