All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $79.89Trending at AU $90.22
- AU $29.85Trending at AU $30.26
- AU $18.30Trending at AU $24.34
- AU $31.46Trending at AU $40.54
- AU $22.32Trending at AU $36.99
- AU $40.72Trending at AU $41.34
- AU $16.90Trending at AU $20.15
About this product
- DescriptionSoftware systems that used to be relatively automous entities such as e.g. accounting systems, order-entry systems etc. are w interlinked in large networks comprising extensive information infrastructures. What earlier used to be stand-alone proprietary systems are w for the most part replaced by more or less standardized interdependent systems that form large networks of production and use. Organizations have to make decisions about what office suite to purchase? The easiest option is to continuously upgrade the existing office suite to the latest version, but the battle between WordPerfect and Microsoft Word demonstrated that the choice is t obvious. What instant messenger network to join for global communication? Preferably the one most colleagues and friends use; AOL Instant Messenger, Microsoft Messenger, and ICQ represent three satisfactory, but disjunctive alternatives. Similarly organizations abandon their portfolio of homegrown IT systems and replace them with a single Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) system. Several ERP alternatives exist on the market, but which is the right one for you? The argumentation and rationale behind these considerations are obviously related to the techlogical and social networks we are embedded in, but it is t always easy to specify how. Networked Information Techlogies: Diffusion and Adoption offers contributions from academics and practitioners who study networked information systems from a diffusion and adoption point of view. Themes related to the conceptualisation of diffusion and adoption of networked information systems are discussed along with studies of the diffusion of networked information systems in public sector institutions and private businesses. This volume contains the edited proceedings of the IFIP Conference on The Diffusion and Adoption of Networked Information Techlogies, which was sponsored by the International Federation for Information Processing (IFIP) Working Group 8.6 and held in Copenhagen, Denmark in October 2003.
- PublisherSpringer-Verlag New York Inc.
- Date of Publication28/05/2013
- SubjectManagement & Business: General
- Series TitleIFIP Advances in Information and Communication Technology
- Series Part/Volume Number138
- Place of PublicationNew York, NY
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintSpringer-Verlag New York Inc.
- Content Notebiography
- Weight361 g
- Width155 mm
- Height235 mm
- Spine12 mm
- Edited byHenriksen Helle Zinner,Jan Damsgaard
- Edition StatementSoftcover reprint of the original 1st ed. 2004
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.