Networking for Black Professionals: Nonstop Business Networking That Will Change Your Life by N. Renee Thompson, Michael Lawrence Faulkner, Andrea Nierenberg (Hardback, 2013)
Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $48.53Free postage
- Brand new condition
- Sold by kamilc1
- See details for delivery est.
- AU $19.44+ AU $4.99 postage
- Good condition
- Sold by whattaplace
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
Sponsored by eBay Stores
About this product
- DescriptionYou are unique. You have something very special to offer. So do many other people. But you have a secret weapon: this book. It will teach you how to network-and that's the one skill that can give you near-perfect equality of opportunity. 80% of America's job openings are never advertised. Networking can help you get those jobs. Employers need to see you as you really are. Networking lets you show them. Networking gives you contacts to get you in the door and advice from people who've been there. As great networkers kw, this isn't about sucking up or being a phony. It's about being your best self, creating lifelong connections, and building communities of people who help each other. One step at a time, this book will help you overcome your doubts and fears, and gain all these powerful benefits. It's authored by three people who've been there-including Dr. Renee Thompson, past Officer of the National Coalition of 100 Black Women. They've done it. You can, too-and it's the #1 key to your success! Real answers to the networking questions black professionals ask Real solutions to the networking problems black professionals face * Why should I spend time networking when I'm already so busy? * How do I network when I don't kw anyone important ? * How can I work with the contacts I already have? * Who should I try to meet? * How do I network when I don't have much work experience yet? * How do I network with someone I might t like? * What should I talk about? What shouldn't I talk about? * What's the best way to follow up? * How do I overcome fears about whether I'm good eugh? * Won't people just judge me based on the color of my skin? * How do I ask for help without compromising my self-respect? * What can I really get out of social networks like LinkedIn or Facebook? * How do I develop a personal brand that works for me?
- Author BiographyDr. N. Renee Thompson is the founder and president of a non-profit organization, Transitions Education Center (TEC), and employed as an associate dean of the College of Liberal Arts & Sciences at DeVry University. TEC is an organization with a strong foundation that seeks to stimulate and expand educational and sociocultural opportunities for minority and low-income students seeking higher education. Thompson is committed to diversifying the spectrum of college graduates by empowering students to develop professional and leadership skills. She is also the founder of Girlfriends Listen!--a fun-loving core group of women that shares interesting and valuable insight. This group was started to share experiences with other women to empower others to reach their full potential. Dr. Michael Lawrence Faulkner is a U.S. Marine Corps Vietnam veteran who served from 1964 to 1970 and rose to the rank of Staff Sergeant. He spent 30 years in a variety of leadership and management ( coaching ) positions with Dun & Bradstreet, the Direct Marketing Association (DMA), and entrepreneurial start-ups, as well as helping run the family business before moving into the academic world. Today Michael is a professor at the Keller Graduate School of Management at DeVry University. Michael is a member of MENSA, a former two-time national champion of Athletic Dueling, and an International Rotary Fellowship award winner. He has been published in peer review journals, dozens of magazines, newsletters, websites, and blogs, and has written half a dozen white papers, including one that was circulated to all elected members of Congress and the major media outlets. He has written or coauthored 11 books. Andrea R. Nierenberg, best-selling author, speaker, and world-renowned business authority, is the force behind The Nierenberg Consulting Group. Called a networking success story by the Wall Street Journal,Andrea founded The Nierenberg Consulting Group in 1993. With a stellar 29 years as a leader in sales and marketing, Andrea is an in-demand business expert both at home and abroad. Her company partners with an array of the world's leading financial and media industry businesses.
- Author(s)Andrea Nierenberg,Michael Lawrence Faulkner,N. Renee Thompson
- PublisherPearson Education (US)
- Date of Publication17/12/2013
- SubjectCareers & Success
- Place of PublicationUpper Saddle River
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintFinancial TImes Prentice Hall
- Weight376 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine23 mm
- Edition Statement2nd Revised edition
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $39.20Trending at AU $51.50
- AU $72.89Trending at AU $75.73
- AU $50.62Trending at AU $53.30
- AU $32.81Trending at AU $40.84
- AU $31.98Trending at AU $39.99
- AU $19.57Trending at AU $23.96
- AU $32.06Trending at AU $45.25
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.