Networking is a Contact Sport: How Staying Connected and Serving Others Will Help You Grow Your Business, Expand Your Influence -- Or Even Land Your Next Job by Joe Sweeney (Paperback, 2011)
Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $20.22Free postage
- Brand new condition
- Sold by wordery
- See details for delivery est.
Nearly newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $28.95+ AU $7.99 postage
- Like new condition
- Sold by ausreseller
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionHow did Joe Sweeney...get Bob Costas to come to Milwaukee (in the middle of winter)? ...become the wingman to the archbishop of New York City? ...take Brett Favre's off-the-field income from $65,000 to more than $4 million? The answer is simple. Networking. In this New York Times, Wall Street Journal, and USA TODAY bestseller, master networker Joe Sweeney shares his networking secrets from a long and successful career as a business owner, sports agent and executive and investment banking consultant. His first secret: master networkers are focused on giving, t getting. With today's difficult ecomy and uncertain workplace, networking has never been more important. Sweeney's simple but effective 5/10/15 networking plan will give you a leg up in the current job market, help you stay employed, or, if you've been laid off, find your next job. The cliche that who you kw is more important than what you kw has never been truer. Sweeney illustrates his insights with dozens of helpful examples from his own life (along with a few fascinating insider sports stories). With special sections on networking for women and mirities, insights into the usefulness (and handicaps) of social networking sites, how to get (and why you need) a wingman and profiles of other master networkers, Networking Is a Contact Sport is a practical and essential guide for anyone who wants to get ahead in today's ecomy.
- Author BiographyJoe Sweeney is a businessman, entrepreneur, former sports agent, investment banker and author. For 28 years, Joe has built a career by combining his love of business and his passion for sports. Joe brings an extensive background in hands-on business experience. Joe has owned and operated four manufacturing companies and has more than three decades experience in the business and sports worlds. Prior to acquiring an equity position in Corporate Financial Advisors, a middle-market investment banking firm, Joe founded and was president of SMG, a sports management firm that specializes in assisting and representing coaches and athletes including three-time MVP, Brett Favre. Joe was also president of the Wisconsin Sports Authority and serves or has served on 23 boards of directors. Joe received his BA from St. Mary's College and his MBA from the University of Notre Dame. He has used his 28 years of business experience as a master networker in the sports and business worlds. Mike Yorkey is the author, editor, or collaborator of more than seventy books. He lives in the San Diego area with his wife, Nicole.
- Author(s)Joe Sweeney
- PublisherBenBella Books
- Date of Publication20/10/2011
- SubjectManagement Techniques: Professional
- Place of PublicationDallas
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintBenBella Books
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight314 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine18 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
Explore Buying Guides
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $38.44Trending at AU $48.97
- AU $27.64Trending at AU $34.95
- AU $22.22Trending at AU $31.05
- AU $29.06Trending at AU $39.11
- AU $20.74Trending at AU $24.30
- AU $28.63Trending at AU $30.35
- AU $18.13Trending at AU $24.26
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.