Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $72.89Trending at AU $75.47
- AU $50.10Trending at AU $53.12
- AU $18.13Trending at AU $23.88
- AU $32.08Trending at AU $45.10
- AU $13.99Trending at AU $16.60
- AU $18.13Trending at AU $27.15
- AU $26.40Trending at AU $29.65
About this product
- DescriptionThe present work is meant as a reference to provide an organic and comprehensive view of the most relevant results in the exciting new field of Networks of Networks (NetoNets). Seminal papers have recently been published posing the basis to study what happens when different networks interact, thus providing evidence for the emergence of new, unexpected behaviors and vulnerabilities. From those seminal works, the awareness on the importance understanding Networks of Networks (NetoNets) has spread to the entire community of Complexity Science. The reader will benefit from the experience of some of the most well-recognized leaders in this field. The contents have been aggregated under four headings; General Theory, Phemelogy, Applications and Risk Assessment. The reader will be impressed by the different applications of the general paradigm that span from physiology, to financial risk, to transports. We are currently making the first steps to reduce the distance between the language and the way of thinking of the two communities of experts in real infrastructures and the complexity scientists. Although this path may prove to be long, it is extremely promising, both in extending our understanding of complex systems and in finding concrete applications that can enhance the life quality of millions of people.
- Author BiographyGregorio D'Agostino, was born in Messina 1963 and received his Diploma (Baccalaureat) at Liceo Scientifico Ignitianum in Messina on 1981 with final votation 60/60. He received his Laurea in Physics at Universita degli studi di Roma La Sapienza on 1987 with final votation 110/110 cum laude. He received his Dottorato di Ricerca in Fisica (Phd in Physics) at Universita degli studi di Roma La Sapienza on 1992. He served Italian Nation as an officier in Genio Militare from 1988 to 1989. He teached Probability and Statistics at Scuola di specializzazione in fisica Medica (II Universita di Roma Tor Vergata ) for five years. He is staff scientist at Enea since 1989 where he has been working in theoretical and computational Physics. He belongs to the directorate of the Italian Association of Critical Infrastructure Experts (AIIC).
- PublisherSpringer International Publishing AG
- Date of Publication14/10/2016
- SubjectLibrary & Information Science
- Series TitleUnderstanding Complex Systems
- Place of PublicationCham
- Country of PublicationSwitzerland
- ImprintSpringer International Publishing AG
- Content Note21 black & white illustrations, 126 colour illustrations, biography
- Weight539 g
- Width155 mm
- Height235 mm
- Spine19 mm
- Edited byAntonio Scala,Gregorio D'Agostino
- Edition StatementSoftcover reprint of the original 1st ed. 2014
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.