All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionA poetry anthology boasting some of the UK's most exciting voices who have all shared the Neu! Reekie! bil. Many of the works are new, many are favourites read at the events; all are savoured, sublime, sumptuous voices within poetry already - with the exception of Aidan Moffat of Arab Strap and Scott Hutchison of Frightened Rabbit - who are ferocious forces within music and beyond. Contributors include: Irvine Welsh, Douglas Dunn, Liz Lochhead, Ron Butlin and Tom Leonard; as well as younger blood such as: Jenni Fagan, Hollie McNish and William Letford. Accompanying the book is a 20 track compilation album, artists include: Jesus, Baby; Emelle;The Merrylees; Stanley Odd; TeenCanteen and Young Fathers.
- Author BiographyMichael Pedersen (b. 1984) is a poet, playwright and animateur with an electric reputation on the performance circuit and a prolific precedent of collaborations, having teamed up with some of the UK's top musicians, film-makers and artists. He is widely published in magazines, journals, anthologies and e-zines, and a key creative within Dream Tower Productions. He's also the lyricist for cult band Jesus, Baby! and has written short plays for various troupes including the National Theatre of Scotland. Kevin Williamson is a writer, publisher, and activist, originally from Caithness. He is a Scottish socialist and republican and was an activist for the Scottish Socialist Party (SSP). He was also the architect of their radical drug policy, which included the legalisation of cannabis and the provision under the National Health Service of free synthetic heroin to addicts under medical supervision to combat the problems of drugs in working class communities. He wrote a regular weekly column, Rebel Ink, for the Scottish Socialist Voice. He is co-founder of Neu! Reekie!
- PublisherBirlinn General
- Date of Publication16/05/2015
- SubjectPoetry Texts & Poetry Anthologies
- Place of PublicationEdinburgh
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintPolygon An Imprint of Birlinn Limited
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
- Volume editorKevin Williamson,Michael Pedersen
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $27.54Trending at AU $44.05
- AU $80.99Trending at AU $88.14
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $77.73
- AU $71.88Trending at AU $73.73
- AU $82.90Trending at AU $85.64
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $79.61
- AU $34.72Trending at AU $42.75
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.