Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $39.90Trending at AU $51.50
- AU $72.89Trending at AU $75.73
- AU $32.80Trending at AU $40.84
- AU $30.68Trending at AU $39.99
- AU $19.55Trending at AU $23.96
- AU $32.00Trending at AU $45.25
- AU $14.60Trending at AU $16.66
About this product
- DescriptionNeuroAnalysis investigates using the neural network and neural computation models to bridge the divide between psychology, psychoanalysis, and neuroscience when diagsing mental health disorders and prescribing treatment. Avi Peled builds on Freud's early attempts to explain the neural basis of mental health by introducing neural computation as a bridging science to explain psychiatric disorders. Peled describes the brain as a complex system of interconnected units and goes on to suggest that conscious experience, feelings, and mood are emergent properties arising from these complex organisations. This model describes mental health disorders in terms of perturbation to the optimal brain organisation, and demonstrates how particular disorders can be identified through a specific breakdown pattern of the brain's organisation. This fresh approach to the diagsis of psychiatric disorders will interest students, professors, and researchers of psychoanalysis, neuroscience, and their related fields.
- Author BiographyAvi Peled, MD is a psychiatrist with over fifteen years experience of working with patients. He is currently chair of the rehabilitation department at Shaar Menashe Mental Health Center, and lecturer and neuroscience researcher at the Technion, Israel Institute of Technology.
- Author(s)Avi Peled
- PublisherTaylor & Francis Ltd
- Date of Publication13/06/2008
- SubjectMedicine: Textbooks & Study Guides
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- Content Note5 black & white line drawings
- Weight204 g
- Width138 mm
- Height216 mm
- Spine13 mm
- Format DetailsB-format paperback
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.