All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThis book, organised around different areas of the brain, presents therapists with the basic neurobiology they need to understand their clients' behaviours and actions. Each chapter defines terms, explains the brain structure, and presents a detailed clinical case, with neurobiologically informed commentary. Essential for therapists in this age of the science of psychotherapy, this book will also be of interest to students, educators, and clinical supervisors.
- Author BiographyArlene Montgomery, MSSW, PhD, LCSW, is a psychotherapist in private practice. She lives in Austin, Texas. Allan N. Schore, PhD, is on the clinical faculty of the Department of Psychiatry and Biobehavioral Sciences, UCLA David Geffen School of Medicine, and at the UCLA Center for Culture, Brain, and Development. He is the recipient of the American Psychological Association Division 56: Trauma Psychology Award for Outstanding Contributions to Practice in Trauma Psychology and APA's Division 39: Psychoanalysis Scientific Award in Recognition of Outstanding Contributions to Research, Theory and Practice of Neuroscience and Psychoanalysis. He is also an honorary member of the American Psychoanalytic Association. He is author of three seminal volumes, Affect Regulation and the Origin of the Self, Affect Dysregulation and Disorders of the Self and Affect Regulation and the Repair of the Self, as well as numerous articles and chapters. His Regulation Theory, grounded in developmental neuroscience and developmental psychoanalysis, focuses on the origin, psychopathogenesis, and psychotherapeutic treatment of the early forming subjective implicit self. His contributions appear in multiple disciplines, including developmental neuroscience, psychiatry, psychoanalysis, developmental psychology, attachment theory, trauma studies, behavioral biology, clinical psychology, and clinical social work. His groundbreaking integration of neuroscience with attachment theory has lead to his description as the American Bowlby and with psychoanalysis as the world's leading expert in neuropsychoanalysis. His books have been translated into several languages, including Italian, French, German, and Turkish.
- Author(s)Allan N. Schore,Arlene Montgomery
- PublisherWW Norton & Co
- Date of Publication15/02/2013
- SubjectPsychiatry & Clinical Psychology: Professional
- Series TitleNorton Series on Interpersonal Neurobiology
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintWW Norton & Co
- Content Noteillustrations
- Weight808 g
- Width202 mm
- Height250 mm
- Spine22 mm
- Foreword byAllan N. Schore
Explore Buying Guides
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $39.90Trending at AU $51.50
- AU $32.78Trending at AU $40.84
- AU $30.36Trending at AU $39.99
- AU $31.98Trending at AU $45.25
- AU $13.01Trending at AU $16.66
- AU $33.35Trending at AU $36.06
- AU $15.79Trending at AU $25.15
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.