All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionVery few hospitals have dedicated neurointensive care units for management of critically ill neurological and neurosurgical patients. Frequently, these patients are managed in the medical or surgical ICU by n-neurologists, who have a hard time appreciating the delicate needs of these patients. This book is a straightforward, practical reference for treating physicians who need to deal with a wide range of complex conditions and associated medical problems. Although comprehensive in scope, Dr Michel T. Torbey has designed this book for neurologists and physicians in the ICU who need a concise and thorough guide to management and treatment. It emphasizes practical state-of-the-art suggestions for management and treatment and provides accessible, easy-to-follow, highly structured, and focused protocols for the assessment, day-to-day management, and treatment of critically ill patients in various ICU divisions.
- Author BiographyMichel T. Torbey, MD, MPH, FAHA, FCCM, is Associate Professor of Neurology and Neurosurgery, Director of the Stroke Critical Care Program, and Director of the Neurointensive Care Unit at the Medical College of Wisconsin, Milwaukee, Wisconsin. He is also coeditor of The Stroke Book with Dr Magdy H. Selim, published in 2007.
- PublisherCambridge University Press
- Date of Publication14/09/2009
- SubjectClinical Medicine: Professional
- Place of PublicationCambridge
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintCambridge University Press
- Content Note64 b/w illus. 3 colour illus. 70 tables
- Weight1080 g
- Width215 mm
- Height253 mm
- Spine25 mm
- Edited byMichel T. Torbey
Explore Buying Guides
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
- AU $62.02New
- AU $5.82New
- AU $22.48New
- AU $33.47New
- AU $30.62New
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $59.99Trending at AU $62.02
- AU $40.94Trending at AU $51.88
- AU $32.35Trending at AU $51.33
- AU $29.58Trending at AU $30.62
- AU $49.30Trending at AU $53.06
- AU $26.83Trending at AU $32.55
- AU $39.21Trending at AU $43.67
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.