Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $45.84Free postage
- Brand new condition
- Sold by simplybestprices-10to20dayshipping
- See details for delivery est.
- AU $25.99+ AU $26.99 postage
- Good condition
- Sold by sunrisebookshop
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionUntil recently, genetic, neuroanatomical, and psychological investigations on neurodevelopmental disorders were carried out independently. Now, tremendous advances across all disciplines have brought us toward a new scientific frontier: the integration of molecular genetics with a developmental cognitive neuroscience. The goal is to understand the basic mechanisms by which genes and environmental processes contribute to the development of specific structures and regions of the brain. This handbook-style volume explores these advances from the perspective of developmental disorders in children. Research on children with kwn genetic disorders offers insights into the genetic mechanisms that underlie neural development and organization, as expressed in variations in cognitive profiles. The contributions provide in-depth analyses of a broad range of neurodevelopmental disorders, including those resulting from whole chromosome defects (Down and Turner syndromes), those related to defects in a single gene (fragile-X syndrome) or a small number of genes (Williams syndrome), and complex genetic disorders (dyslexia, autism). Contributors from the fields of teratology and brain injury provide additional perspectives. Contributors: Jane Adams, Marcia A. Barnes, Simon Baron-Cohen, Elizabeth Bates, Margaret L. Bauman, Ursula Bellugi, Jacquelyn Bertrand, Lori Buchanan, Merlin G. Butler, Dawn Delaney, Maureen Dennis, Kim N. Dietrich, Elizabeth M. Dykens, Jack M. Fletcher, Susan E. Folstein, Barbara R. Foorman, Albert Galaburda, Randi J. Hagerman, John Harrison, C. Ross Hetherington, Greg Hickok, Terry Jernigan, Beth Joseph, William E. MacLean, Jr., Michele M.M. Mazzocco, William M. McMahon, Carolyn B. Mervis, Debra Mills, Colleen A. Morris, Lynn Nadel, Bruce F. Pennington, Allan L. Reiss, Mabel L. Rice, Byron F. Robinson, Judith L. Ross, Joanne Rovet, Susan L. Santangelo, Bennett A. Shaywitz, Sally E. Shaywitz, Marian Sigman, Helen Tager-Flusberg, Travis Thompson, J. Bruce Tomblin, Doris Trauner, Stefa Vicari, Xuyang Zhang, Andrew Zinn.
- PublisherMIT Press Ltd
- Date of Publication30/07/1999
- SubjectLife Sciences: General
- Series TitleDevelopmental Cognitive Neuroscience
- Place of PublicationCambridge, Mass.
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintMIT Press
- Content Note72
- Weight1452 g
- Width178 mm
- Height254 mm
- Spine35 mm
- Edited byHelen Tager-Flusberg
- Interest AgeFrom 18
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
- AU $86.95New
- AU $40.99Used
- AU $112.52New
- AU $97.37Used
- AU $33.12New
- AU $30.22New
- AU $20.34New
- AU $30.69New
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $35.02Trending at AU $37.84
- AU $39.15Trending at AU $43.21
- AU $60.92Trending at AU $62.81
- AU $49.18Trending at AU $52.50
- AU $28.30Trending at AU $30.11
- AU $44.93Trending at AU $46.10
- AU $18.77Trending at AU $23.85
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.