All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionNeurolinguistic Approach to Reading: A Guide for Speech-Language Pathologists Treating Dyslexia aids speech-language pathologists (SLPs) in assessing and treating dyslexia through an approach proven effective by national standardized tests, subjective evaluation, parents, teachers, as well as those in the field. The author developed the Neurolinguistic Approach to Reading (NAR) based on more than 25 years of experience working with individuals with dyslexia. This inclusive approach is based on the complete communication process, oral and written. The text also includes the Cornell te-taking system and can be used as an effective clinical manual or a university reference. This text comes at a crucial time as the scope of practice for speech-language pathology has greatly expanded with the increased recognition of the direct relationship between oral language and a child's ability to read and spell. Additionally, the American Speech-Language-Hearing Association has defined the SLP's role in the remediation of literacy disabilities such as dyslexia. Through this effective text and utilizing NAR as a treatment framework, SLPs in all work environments can be more involved in working with individuals with dyslexia.
- Author BiographyCarol A. Kamara, PhD, CCC-SLP/A, FAAA, is director of the Kamara Center for Learning and Communication Disorders in North Bethesda, Maryland. For more than three decades as a clinician, she has researched and applied theories and methodologies about the diagnosis and treatment for children and adults with mild to severe manifestations of dyslexia. While serving in a clinical role, she also served administratively by advocating for service coverage with state and national insurance programs as well as various groups including vocational rehabilitation, child and world health, and child and adult education groups. Dr. Kamara's professional work settings have included public and private schools, hospitals, and private practice for the last 15 years. She has served as director of a community speech and hearing center, director of the Professional Practice Division of the American Speech-Language-Hearing Association (ASHA), and director of the speech-language pathology department at a private school in Washington, DC. Dr. Kamara has written articles in various publications and given presentations at state and national organizations on topics such as phonology, dyslexia, central auditory processing disorder, infant hearing screening, and best practices in audiology and speech-language pathology. She has served on the ASHA Legislative Council and several other committees for many years. Dr. Kamara is past-president of several state and national speech-language pathology and audiology organizations, and has received Ohio House and Senate resolutions honoring her for services to individuals with communication impairments.
- Author(s)Carol A. Kamara
- PublisherPlural Publishing Inc
- Date of Publication28/02/2015
- SubjectClinical Medicine: Professional
- Place of PublicationSan Diego
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintPlural Publishing Inc
- Content NoteB/W
- Width216 mm
- Height279 mm
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Cravings: Recipes for All the Food You Want to Eat by Adeena Sussman, Chrissy Teigen (Hardback, 2016)
- AU $43.38New
- AU $30.34New
- AU $22.99New
- AU $30.81New
- AU $20.05New
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $11.99Trending at AU $13.93
- AU $39.11Trending at AU $43.38
- AU $60.85Trending at AU $63.06
- AU $49.18Trending at AU $52.71
- AU $15.95Trending at AU $22.99
- AU $24.58Trending at AU $30.81
- AU $20.89Trending at AU $24.24
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.