Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $50.71Trending at AU $61.57
- AU $72.89Trending at AU $75.75
- AU $32.59Trending at AU $36.89
- AU $30.05Trending at AU $40.13
- AU $30.37Trending at AU $31.40
- AU $28.02Trending at AU $30.06
- AU $14.47Trending at AU $16.67
About this product
- DescriptionSince the early days, the field of neuropeptide biology has dramatically widened, and today the ultimate frontiers in neuropeptide research lie in the development of pharmacologically active compounds that are capable of crossing the blood-brain barrier to exert their biological role(s) in vivo and in the construction of genetic vectors to be employed in gene therapy. Neuropeptides: Methods and Protocols presents a readily reproducible collection of established and emerging techniques for neuropeptide research as contributed by expert researchers in the field. The detailed methods presented cover subjects such as immucytochemical localization, biochemical characterization, functional analysis, development and production of genetic probes, and the design of neuropeptide derivatives for cellular neurobiology as well as the potential therapeutic applications. Written in the highly successful Methods in Molecular Biology(TM) series format, chapters include introductions to their respective topics, lists of the necessary materials and reagents, step-by-step laboratory protocols, and key tips on troubleshooting and avoiding kwn pitfalls. Authoritative and easy to follow, Neuropeptides: Methods and Protocols is intended for a large audience of scientists, including histologists, biochemists, cellular and molecular biologists, and electrophysiologists that are currently active in the field or are willing to enter this exciting and still expanding area of neurobiology.
- PublisherHumana Press Inc.
- Date of Publication16/09/2011
- SubjectLife Sciences: General
- Series TitleMethods in Molecular Biology
- Series Part/Volume Number789
- Place of PublicationTotowa, NJ
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintHumana Press Inc.
- Content Note149 black & white illustrations, 16 black & white tables, biography
- Weight959 g
- Width178 mm
- Height254 mm
- Spine23 mm
- Edited byAdalberto Merighi
- Contained items statementContains Book and Online resource
- Format DetailsLaminated cover
- Edition Statement2011
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.