All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $27.54Trending at AU $44.05
- AU $80.99Trending at AU $88.14
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $77.73
- AU $71.88Trending at AU $73.43
- AU $82.89Trending at AU $85.64
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $79.61
- AU $34.73Trending at AU $42.75
About this product
- DescriptionThis forward-looking reference defines and illustrates the process and themes of formulation in neuropsychology and places it in the vanguard of current practice. The book explains the types of information that go into formulations, how they are gathered, and how they are synthesized into a clinically useful presentation describing psychological conditions resulting from neurological illness or injury. Cases highlight the relevance and flexibility of narrative- and diagram-based formulation methods in approaching a diverse range of issues and conditions, from decisional capacity to cultural considerations, Huntington's disease to deep dyslexia. Throughout this volume, formulation is shown as integral to treatment and rehabilitation planning alongside clinical assessment, cognitive testing, and diagsis. Included among the topics: * The interface of neuroimaging with neuropsychological findings in traumatic brain injury. * Neuropsychological aspects of temporal-lobe epilepsy: seeking evidence-based practice.* An integrative approach to differential diagsis of subarachid hemorrhage and Korsakoff's dementia. * Educational disengagement following mild TBI in childhood.* Themes in the formulation of repeat assessments.* Cognitive neuropsychological formulation. Formulation is essential in good neuropsychological assessment as it provides the foundation for appropriate intervention by bringi ng together the results of different evaluations into a coherent whole...Macniven's compelling and constructive book has assembled internationally kwn experts from diverse backgrounds to provide illumination of their own views and approaches to formulation, which makes the book a pleasure to read and should establish it as essential reading on clinical psychology and neuropsychology training courses. - Professor Barbara A. Wilson OBE, Ph.D., D.Sc. Neuropsychologists, clinical psychologists, and rehabilitation specialists will find Neuropsychological Formulation of critical importance t only to the literature of the field, but also to the developing role of clinical neuropsychology within healthcare systems.
- Author BiographyJamie Macniven trained as a clinical psychologist and then as a clinical neuropsychologist in the UK. For several years he worked for the NHS in stroke rehabilitation, neuropsychiatric assessment and neurosurgery. He was the course director of the MSc programme in clinical neuropsychology at the University of Nottingham before immigrating to New Zealand in 2011. He has since worked for the Department of Neurology, Waikato Hospital, the Department of Neurology, Auckland City Hospital, in the national deep brain stimulation and epilepsy surgery services, and in private practice in Christchurch.
- PublisherSpringer International Publishing AG
- Date of Publication14/09/2015
- SubjectClinical Medicine: Professional
- Place of PublicationCham
- Country of PublicationSwitzerland
- ImprintSpringer International Publishing AG
- Content Note42 black & white tables, biography
- Weight549 g
- Width155 mm
- Height235 mm
- Spine16 mm
- Edited byJamie A. B. MacNiven
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.