All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $27.54Trending at AU $43.90
- AU $80.99Trending at AU $87.85
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $77.47
- AU $71.88Trending at AU $73.18
- AU $82.89Trending at AU $85.35
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $79.34
- AU $34.75Trending at AU $42.60
About this product
- DescriptionThis book is devoted to the neuropsychological description of childhood epilepsy, a neurolo- cal condition that constitutes one of the most prevalent forms of chronic and disabling childhood illnesses. Indeed, one child out of 20 experiences one or more seizures before the age of 5, and one in a hundred develops epilepsy as a chronic disorder. Approximately half of these children with epilepsy display academic difficulties and/or behavioral disorders. Moreoever, it is w believed that a sizable proportion of children with learning disability suffer from undiagsed epilepsy. While a great number of textbooks have been devoted to various medical aspects of chi- hood epilepsy (diagsis, genetics, etiology, drug and surgical treatment, etc.), there have been comprehensive accounts of the cognitive consequences of this condition. Advance of medical kwledge has shown that childhood epilepsy should t be considered as a single disorder but encompasses a whole range of different conditions that exhibit specific clinical EEG and outcome characteristics. It is t becoming apparent that these various clinical entities have different cognitive expression that yet need to be specified. The purpose of this book is to provide a complete up-to-date analysis of this multi-faceted pathology.
- PublisherSpringer-Verlag New York Inc.
- Date of Publication22/10/2010
- SubjectClinical Medicine: Professional
- Series TitleAdvances in Behavioral Biology
- Series Part/Volume Number50
- Place of PublicationNew York, NY
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintSpringer-Verlag New York Inc.
- Content Notebiography
- Weight588 g
- Width178 mm
- Height254 mm
- Spine16 mm
- Edited byIsabelle Jambaque,Maryse Lassonde,Olivier Dulac
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
- Edition StatementSoftcover reprint of the original 1st ed. 2001
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.