Neuroscience, Psychology and Religion: Illusions, Delusions, and Realities About Human Nature by Malcolm Jeeves, Warren S. Brown (Paperback, 2009)
Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $27.57Free postage
- Brand new condition
- Sold by blackwelloxford
- See details for delivery est.
- AU $30.95+ AU $7.99 postage
- Good condition
- Sold by ausreseller
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionNeuroscience, Psychology, and Religion is the second title published in the new Templeton Science and Religion Series. In this volume, Malcolm Jeeves and Warren S. Brown provide an overview of the relationship between neuroscience, psychology, and religion that is academically sophisticated, yet accessible to the general reader.The authors introduce key terms; thoroughly chart the histories of both neuroscience and psychology, with a particular focus on how these disciplines have interfaced religion through the ages; and explore contemporary approaches to both fields, reviewing how current science/religion controversies are playing out today. Throughout, they cover issues like consciousness, morality, concepts of the soul, and theories of mind. Their examination of topics like brain imaging research, evolutionary psychology, and primate studies show how recent advances in these areas can blend harmoniously with religious belief, since they offer much to our understanding of humanity's place in the world. Jeeves and Brown conclude their comprehensive and inclusive survey by providing an interdisciplinary model for shaping the ongoing dialogue.Sure to be of interest to both academics and curious intellectuals, Neuroscience, Psychology, and Religion addresses important age-old questions and demonstrates how modern scientific techniques can provide a much more nuanced range of potential answers to those questions.
- Author BiographyWarren S. Brown is director of the Travis Institute for Biopsychosocial Research and professor of psychology at Fuller Theological Seminary, Pasadena, California.Malcolm Jeeves is emeritus professor at the University of St. Andrews School of Psychology, Scotland. He was made Commander of the Order of the British Empire in 1992 for his services to science and psychology. He is a leading experimental neurophysiologist, former chairman of the International Neuropsychological Symposium, and the author of several books dealing with the integration of science and faith.
- Author(s)Malcolm Jeeves,Warren S. Brown
- PublisherTempleton Foundation Press,U.S.
- Date of Publication01/04/2009
- SubjectReligion: Comparative, General & Reference
- Series TitleTempleton Science & Religion
- Place of PublicationRadnor
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintTempleton Foundation Press,U.S.
- Content Notecol. Illustrations
- Weight227 g
- Width140 mm
- Height215 mm
- Spine12 mm
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $79.69Trending at AU $111.84
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $74.50
- AU $35.45Trending at AU $40.79
- AU $74.90Trending at AU $79.50
- AU $19.57Trending at AU $23.99
- AU $30.00Trending at AU $49.12
- AU $16.99Trending at AU $18.34
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.