All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $24.68Trending at AU $42.56
- AU $78.00Trending at AU $87.92
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $73.76
- AU $71.88Trending at AU $73.54
- AU $82.89Trending at AU $85.42
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $79.41
- AU $34.72Trending at AU $42.64
About this product
- DescriptionIt is a widely held belief that human beings are both body and soul, that our immaterial soul is distinct from our material body. But that traditional idea has been seriously questioned by much recent research in the brain sciences. In Neuroscience and the Soul fourteen distinguished scholars grapple with current debates about the existence and nature of the soul. Featuring a dialogical format, the book presents state-of-the-art work by leading philosophers and theologians - some arguing for the existence of the soul, others arguing against - and then puts those scholars into conversation with critics of their views. Bringing philosophy, theology, and neuroscience together in this way brings to light new nuances and significantly advances the ongoing debate over body and soul.
- Author BiographyThomas M. Crisp is Associate Professor of Philosophy at Biola University and Associate Director of the Biola University Center for Christian Thought. Steve L. Porter is Associate Professor of Theology and Philosophy at Talbot School of Theology and at Rosemead School of Psychology. Gregg A. Ten Elshof is Professor of Philosophy at Biola University, La Mirada, California. His book I Told Me So: Self-Deception and the Christian Life won the Christianity Today 2009 Book Award in the Christian Living category.
- PublisherWilliam B Eerdmans Publishing Co
- Date of Publication30/11/2016
- Place of PublicationGrand Rapids
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintWilliam B Eerdmans Publishing Co
- Weight363 g
- Width229 mm
- Height152 mm
- Spine18 mm
- Edited byGregg A. Ten Elshof,Steve L. Porter,Thomas M. Crisp
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.